HA, the Macho Man is insane... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

HA, the Macho Man is insane...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:01 pm

I wasn't saying that Luger was dead, I was saying that he was a bigger train wreck than Savage. After Luger was arrested for the drug bust associated with Miss Elizabeth's death, I pretty much lost respect for him. As for Roberts, one can only pray that he turns his life around before the authorities find him dead in an alley of a drug overdose. What a tragic fall for a man who used to be one of the greatest heels in wrestling history. His early matches with Steamboat are simply amazing, especially his match against him in 1986's The Big Event.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:11 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:As for Roberts, one can only pray that he turns his life around before the authorities find him dead in an alley of a drug overdose. What a tragic fall for a man who used to be one of the greatest heels in wrestling history.

jake was on raw the week before wrestlmania. it was pretty sweet, he was still great with the mic. he did get rko'ed by "the legend killer" randy orton. gay... :-[
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Canacuna » Fri Apr 29, 2005 7:30 pm

Jake The Snake was one of my faves. ;-D

Did anyone watch Beyond the Mat? The scenes that focused on Roberts were pretty disturbing...
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:14 pm

Canacuna wrote:Jake The Snake was one of my faves. ;-D

Did anyone watch Beyond the Mat? The scenes that focused on Roberts were pretty disturbing...

Yeah, him and Terry Funk still wrestling when they look like they need adult diapers. Sad.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby IRON CHEF » Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:47 am

I think Jake has looked like he's been in bad shape since the mid 90s. Its too bad that so many of these guys have met with drug problems and in some cases death.

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:16 am

Yeah, that truly was sad to watch. I just remember when he was so svelte and in shape during the 80's and to see him so overweight and drugged up was a sad sight to see.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Sun May 01, 2005 4:32 am

Canacuna wrote:Another early 'wrassler death...

Anyone remember Chris Candido from the WCW and ECW? He was a good wrestler, but he used to have some drug problems. He had cleaned himself up, though. I guess NWA:TNA had some PPV last week where Candido broke his ankle... he had surgery earlier in the week and apparently died of a staph infection today. Only 32 years old...

R.I.P.

Yeah, I heard about that. TNA Wrestling came on Fox Sports Net here in Texas at midnight (Friday night, Saturday morning?), and since it's tape delayed, I got to see him one last time.

R.I.P. :,-(

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Horizons » Sun May 01, 2005 10:05 am

Chris Candido update:
A blood clot apparently killed him... RIP

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/200 ... 17529.html
Don't give up the ship...........sell it!!
Horizons
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 12)
Location: Somewhere on the "Trail of Tears" between the tube and GameCenter

Postby VIPER » Sun May 01, 2005 11:34 am

Sixxgunn wrote:
Mookie4ever_ffc wrote:
Canacuna wrote:Whoops! Wrong "Bam Bam"!

I know who it is... but I can't think of his name... or his team's name... ergh. I know that he died a few years ago...

I don't know who they were fighting but the main guys were the Fabulous Freebirds. ;-D

What were their names?Michael Haynes I think was one...and maybe (the Golden Boy,or the Natural,or something like that)Buddy Roberts?But there was one more guy...I may not even have these guys right,that's going way back!

I need to chime in here since I am (or was, don't watch it anymore) a huge 'wrastlin fan.

Fabulous Frrebirds were.......

Michael P.S. Hayes (who was actually from my hometown of Pensacola or went to high school here)

Terry "Bam-Bam" Gordy (I think he died also)

Buddy Roberts
VIPER
Benedict Arnold
Benedict Arnold

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby MadScott » Sun May 01, 2005 2:15 pm

Mookie4ever_ffc wrote:

Yeah, him and Terry Funk still wrestling when they look like they need adult diapers. Sad.
Great, but terribly disturbing flick. ;-D
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk