Survivor Discussion... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Survivor Discussion...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Survivor Discussion...

Postby Warpigs » Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:52 am

Thought it would be interesting to discuss the current Survivor season now that we're down the final six.

First, how stupid must the women be to not bind together and take off Tom while they had a chance. I don't see him losing too many immunity challenges and last night they had their chance. Instead, they take out Stephanie (another major threat physically, but not as formidible as Tom).

Personally, I can't stand Katie. I wish they'd use her to chum for another shark. She acts as though she is some major player and has yet to bring anything to the table. She can barely throw a coconut, for goodness sakes.

I'm rooting for Tom. I'm tired of the wimpy coat-tail riding people winning the show. Katie couldn't survive a week out there alone if she had to. The same for any of the women left. I'd be pissed as hell if I was Tom and voted out because he's a physical threat (which he is). I kept hoping last night that he'd be a true competitor and team up with Ian, Greg and Stephanie and vote out the weak, undeserving people first and then have a true four-way competition to find out the true Survivor. However, the game has turned into more of a politics contest than a true survivor show.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canacuna » Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:58 am

I couldn't believe they didn't vote off Tom either. Steph is a threat, but the girls had a better chance at lastin' if they went with her plan.

Judging by the previews, looks like Tom, Ian, and Caryn might make a new alliance... damn, can't these people stick with their alliances for more than a week?
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Warpigs » Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:02 am

I think that if Tom makes the final two, he'll be a landslide winner. I don't think the odds are in his favor, however, of getting to the final two. If Tom doesn't win, I'm hoping for Ian.

Not since Ethan won in Africa have they had a true "good person" win Survivor and deserve it.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:30 am

I admit I watch it. Honestly though, I can't remember their names. I don't care who wins. I just want to see a real survivor. Let the final six sit on a beach, no games, no immunity and no rewards. Let them all hunt for their own food and wate , every man / woman for themselves. The last one standing wins. Now that's entertainment! I'm tired of watching the best players get voted off because they are a threat. Imagine if they did this in football!Every team would be the 49ers!!!
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

Postby maddog60 » Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:42 am

Warpigs wrote:I think that if Tom makes the final two, he'll be a landslide winner. I don't think the odds are in his favor, however, of getting to the final two. If Tom doesn't win, I'm hoping for Ian.

Not since Ethan won in Africa have they had a true "good person" win Survivor and deserve it.

Survivor All-stars. Not onl was it the best played strategy I've ever seen on any Survivor, but think about it. Rob and the girl (drawing a blank on her name right now) entered an alliance from the beginning practically. They both stuck to it, and both ended up in the final 2. Rob didnt win primarily, because he was the bad guy, but the girl certainly qualified as a good person, in fact that's why she got voted for.

As for deserving it, I think she did, maybe not as much as Rob, but she made an alliance that she stuck with and it brought her to the final 2. They teamed up in a great strategy where Rob went out doing all the treacherous wheeling dealing and backstabbing to advance both of them past each vote, and by doing so, protected the girl from becoming a target. I mean, how come those that saw Rob as a threat didn't just vote off his partner? Because she was slipping under the radar, and that's how the two of them were playing it.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Bennett4prez » Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:48 am

maddog60 wrote:
Warpigs wrote:I think that if Tom makes the final two, he'll be a landslide winner. I don't think the odds are in his favor, however, of getting to the final two. If Tom doesn't win, I'm hoping for Ian.

Survivor All-stars. Not onl was it the best played strategy I've ever seen on any Survivor, but think about it. Rob and the girl (drawing a blank on her name right now) entered an alliance from the beginning practically. They both stuck to it, and both ended up in the final 2. Rob didnt win primarily, because he was the bad guy, but the girl certainly qualified as a good person, in fact that's why she got voted for.

As for deserving it, I think she did, maybe not as much as Rob, but she made an alliance that she stuck with and it brought her to the final 2. They teamed up in a great strategy where Rob went out doing all the treacherous wheeling dealing and backstabbing to advance both of them past each vote, and by doing so, protected the girl from becoming a target. I mean, how come those that saw Rob as a threat didn't just vote off his partner? Because she was slipping under the radar, and that's how the two of them were playing it.

I remember when Rob tried convincing people he deserved the "secret million" that Rupert ended up winning after he and his fiance had just won $1,100,000... for shame.

I'm rooting for Greg, who is the I think swayed the vote ultimately to Stephanie and is in a very strong all-ance-wise situation at this point.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Canacuna » Fri Apr 29, 2005 11:54 am

I've been rootin' for Steph since the start (everyone on KOROR annoyed me, except for Tom), so I have an automatic dislike for Greg because of his pushing to kick her off. I don't like Ian either, but if Tom isn't the one to win, I hope Ian does... or maybe Jenn. I dunno. Don't really care who wins now.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby SeaWolf » Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:31 pm

I agree if Tom makes it to the final two, he wins it all. At some point they have to vote out Tom if they want to win, so I highly doubt he will make the final two or three.
Sad to se Stephanie go last night. She deserves to make it farther than any of those other women, they all suck IMO.

Not to hi-jack this thead, but Rob and Amber are in the final four for "The Amazing Race". It's a good show, if you aren't watching you should. Especialy with Rob and Amber up to thier old "Survivor" ways.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby CC » Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:24 pm

This reminds me of an idea for a TV show I had: "Death Factor." Like Fear Factor except the person who doesn't die wins.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RayVins » Fri Apr 29, 2005 4:51 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:This reminds me of an idea for a TV show I had: "Death Factor." Like Fear Factor except the person who doesn't die wins.

I'd watch that show...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to General Talk