Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Movie... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Movie...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Canacuna » Sun May 01, 2005 12:13 pm

I've had "Hitchhikers Guide..." sitting in my book-case for a few years now... I should probably get to readin' it and checkin' out this movie.

Another example of the movie being better than its book would be "Fight Club" for me. I read the book and thought it was okay, but then I saw the movie and thought it improved on a lot of things, methinks.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 5062
Joined: 7 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Home sweet home.

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sun May 01, 2005 12:18 pm

Canacuna wrote:Another example of the movie being better than its book would be "Fight Club" for me. I read the book and thought it was okay, but then I saw the movie and thought it improved on a lot of things, methinks.


Agreed. Fight Club is an AWESOME movie, with great acting. Definitely better than the book.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 6358
(Past Year: 8)
Joined: 25 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Fighting in the shade...

Postby Vikes Rule 88 » Sun May 01, 2005 1:58 pm

disgruntledjetsfan wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Nothing is ever as good as the book



Actually, the Lord of the Rings movies I think were better than the books. (some definitely will disagree with me here...) They are my favorite movies of all time, and although they are very different from the books in some ways, I like them better.



I will disagree with you! The movies left out a ton of stuff. However, the movies are amazing and how Jackson was able to capture some of the magic in the books is great
Image

need a sig? PM me
Vikes Rule 88 Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 982
Joined: 11 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun May 01, 2005 3:21 pm

disgruntledjetsfan wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Nothing is ever as good as the book



Actually, the Lord of the Rings movies I think were better than the books. (some definitely will disagree with me here...) They are my favorite movies of all time, and although they are very different from the books in some ways, I like them better.

Yeah, you are wrong :-D . 4 words: No Mouth of Sauron. Only the single baddest @#$ in all of Middle Earth. :-D
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4738
Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: AKA CubsFan7724

Postby Football Newbie » Sun May 01, 2005 8:44 pm

disgruntledjetsfan wrote:
Canacuna wrote:Another example of the movie being better than its book would be "Fight Club" for me. I read the book and thought it was okay, but then I saw the movie and thought it improved on a lot of things, methinks.


Agreed. Fight Club is an AWESOME movie, with great acting. Definitely better than the book.


I liked the ending to the book alot better. I didn't like some of the liberties that were taken, but it was very well directed. I liked the book better overall, but damn, ed norton, brad pitt, and the director (his name escapes me... David Finch?) made a fine movie.
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1148
Joined: 7 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Sun May 01, 2005 8:54 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:
disgruntledjetsfan wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Nothing is ever as good as the book



Actually, the Lord of the Rings movies I think were better than the books. (some definitely will disagree with me here...) They are my favorite movies of all time, and although they are very different from the books in some ways, I like them better.

Yeah, you are wrong :-D . 4 words: No Mouth of Sauron. Only the single baddest @#$ in all of Middle Earth. :-D

The mouth of Sauron is in the extended edition of the last one I believe...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 11116
Joined: 30 May 2002
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 34=Sweetness » Sun May 01, 2005 9:24 pm

terpfan wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:
disgruntledjetsfan wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Nothing is ever as good as the book



Actually, the Lord of the Rings movies I think were better than the books. (some definitely will disagree with me here...) They are my favorite movies of all time, and although they are very different from the books in some ways, I like them better.

Yeah, you are wrong :-D . 4 words: No Mouth of Sauron. Only the single baddest @#$ in all of Middle Earth. :-D

The mouth of Sauron is in the extended edition of the last one I believe...

Yeah he is, but that one is more expensive too. Theres no reason I should have to pay extra for Mouth of Sauron. Mouth of Sauron should be standard package, like AC on a car. Plus they still screwed up Sarumans death and had no "scouring of the shire" (if you read the books, you know what I speak of)
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 4738
Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: AKA CubsFan7724

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon May 02, 2005 1:23 am

Getting back on topic, I saw HHG today and it was a very entertaining movie. I've never read the book before, so it came off as being quite random in some spots, but a laugh out loud riot nonetheless. My girlfriend, who has read the novel, said it was very well done and she hopes they make more of them. When the film ended, the crowd actually clapped, which is always a good sign! Alan Rickman as the depressive robot, Marvin was a blast and Mos Def was a very pleasant surprise as Ford Prefect. All-in-all, a very solid movie all around.

8/10
Image
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 14333
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Room 7609

Postby LT Blue Colt » Mon May 02, 2005 2:33 pm

I liked it. Never read the book, but the British humor seemed to get old after awhile. :-D
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 1426
Joined: 5 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Intersection of M32 and Old 27

Previous

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 12:47 hours
(and 39 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact