Now it's official - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Now it's official

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby maddog60 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:49 pm

terpfan wrote:
Canacuna wrote:And yeah - from the dorms I've seen, don't expect too much. They suck.

Yeah I've seen them too. The freshman dorms arent much for sure. I'm thinking about commuting for a year or two to pick up the extra cash and avoid the crappy dorms. Then I can get a better dorm as an upperclassman or move in somewhere off campus. It's probably about a 25 minute drive from my house. :-?

First off, congrats man. Seems like you got an awesome situation, getting paid practically to go to the school I'm gonna guess was top of your list, or if not, close to.

Dorms everywhere suck. The rooms are always small, its never perfect, but having nearly completed college, I would highly suggest not commuting. Its an entirely different experience to live on campus in the dorms, and something you don't regret if you do. You make many more social connections, and develop a lot of your lasting friendships during that freshman year of college, and its much harder without living on campus.

Good luck either way, but I just thought I'd offer my thoughts.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby hayesb26 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:59 pm

terpfan wrote:Yeah I've seen them too. The freshman dorms arent much for sure. I'm thinking about commuting for a year or two to pick up the extra cash and avoid the crappy dorms.

One of the best things about college, IMO, is living in the dorms. I think it's very important to get away from mom and dad at that age, and get some experience on your own. The experience of living with and knowing new people, yet feeling independent at the same time is amazing.
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Manja » Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:16 pm

One of the best things about college, IMO, is living in the dorms. I think it's very important to get away from mom and dad at that age, and get some experience on your own. The experience of living with and knowing new people, yet feeling independent at the same time is amazing.

Plus.. all the awesome parties are there, too.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mtryanks12 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:18 pm

I was at Amherst for 3 weeks in july last summer when I was at camp. The dorms there were terrible, and I happened to be in teh quad (if anyone goes there) with all the 60's dorms with like wood paneling and everything. The dorms were the worst part, they were liek 8 by 8 and the common rooms smelled like a cr ack (filter) house. Nevertheless, it was the best 3 weeks of my life and the dorm experience was so much fun. There were a few kids who lived nearby and they didn't stay in teh dorms but instead at there house and they were only at camp from 8 AM-4 PM every day, and it stunk for them. They had no friends to hang out with because tehy weren't at camp at night, which was teh most fun part. Being in teh dorms may stink at times but you'll have a lot more fun. I had to take 2 showers everyday in my flip flops because the floor was covered in gum and hair and other crap but it was so much fun.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Re: Now it's official

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:27 pm

terpfan wrote:And most importantly, terp games are free for students! ;-D

Awesome....next year you can watch them get killed by Duke the #1 team in the country :-b
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby SeaWolf » Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:44 pm

Congrats man. ;-D
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby kanezfan11 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:47 pm

Congrats Terp, should be awesome for ya. Amazing that you're getting a free ride there also, that's a huge bonus. Good luck to you, hopefully it turns out well.

mtryanks12 wrote:The dorms were the worst part, they were liek 8 by 8 and the common rooms smelled like a cr ack (filter) house.

How do you know what a crackhouse smells like? :-? ;-7
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mtryanks12 » Sun May 01, 2005 12:26 am

trust me, I used to live in baltimore, and there was one in my neighborhood. A row of nice houses with a cr ack (filter) house at the corner. gosh it sucked, especially when the baseballs were thrown in there.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RayVins » Sun May 01, 2005 12:57 am

mtryanks12 wrote:trust me, I used to live in baltimore, and there was one in my neighborhood. A row of nice houses with a cr ack (filter) house at the corner. gosh it sucked, especially when the baseballs were thrown in there.

crack doesnt smell tardo... not unless you snort it, then you can smell alot of things...

there are almost no nice spots left in baltimore but the ones that are still there arent corrupted by that "one crack house on the corner". the spots with crack houses are already ghetto...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mtryanks12 » Sun May 01, 2005 1:05 am

trust me, that house smelled of a lot of illegial things, and so did the carpet of out common room.

I agree. I went back to baltimore recently and inner harbor looked like a piece of junk, nothing is being kept up at all, and it smelled terrible.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to General Talk