My Favorite - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

My Favorite

Moderator: Football Moderators

My Favorite

Postby Bennett4prez » Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:16 am

Does anyone else use the Favorites feature at the Cafe? I never hear anybody talk about it, but I think it's a great feature. You can say which topics are your favorite at the bottom (near the "Watch This Topic" link). Then, go up to the top and where the Sign-In/Sign-Out button is, and right above it is the Favorites button.

What I've done is put topics I enjoy most (mostly Great Debates stuff). That way, when I don't have time to fliter through the entire Cafe, I can just look and see if my favorites got any action. Not very useful for updates, but a very effective way to get all your favorite threads in the same place. Very effective for threads you create as well. (Ex. I just favorited my Angels and Demons thread.)
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:51 pm

I have like 3 threads in there. Most notably the infamous Portis vs. Alexander thread.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:58 pm

I used the hell out of it last year especially when King Ghidra would boil down some of his fascinating numerical soups. Made for nice references when putting together pre-FF draft lists.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Homeless » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:13 pm

One of my few claims to fame here...asking Menyak to give us some kind of favorite list. :-b
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:36 pm

wow....never noticed that option before..ill put it to use now ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:11 pm

I've seen it, but never really used it before. I normally check the whole boards anyways so it wouldn't be of much use to me, but maybe I could use it in drafts when I only have a few minutes and my pick is up and that's the only thing I need to see.

What I don't get it why would you use it unless you've posted a start/bench question and wanna see if you got an answer, because there are hordes of questions in there and it would be faster to use favorites than to ctrl f or to search. that's the only real use I see it for. I also don't see why to use it for older threads that will almost never get another reply unless it is miraculously brought back to life.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sat Apr 30, 2005 8:36 pm

There is a favorites feature?

Could be useful, thanks for pointing it out B4P
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:40 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:What I don't get it why would you use it unless you've posted a start/bench question and wanna see if you got an answer, because there are hordes of questions in there and it would be faster to use favorites than to ctrl f or to search. that's the only real use I see it for. I also don't see why to use it for older threads that will almost never get another reply unless it is miraculously brought back to life.

some threads are fun to look up in the future...like predictions threads or threads you might debate in that wont be decided until a later time. these things might take more work to find using another method ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat Apr 30, 2005 11:37 pm

Of course I use the favorites....how else do you think I know where every single thread is on this site? :-? :-b

Nah, I don't do that, but I do have a few things in there. :-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to General Talk