Some NCAA '05 Questions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Some NCAA '05 Questions

Moderator: Football Moderators

Some NCAA '05 Questions

Postby Atog » Sun May 01, 2005 4:40 pm

I have plenty of questions on NCAA '05, but only three come to mind, so I'll post those later.

1. Blue Chip? Huh? What's that?
2. What do team captains do?
3. Is there a way to try to court players to join my team in dynasty?

thanks
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sun May 01, 2005 8:05 pm

i'll answer to the best of my knowledge...

Blue Chips are the highest prospects going into college. Get these players.

I think team captains help with leadership... therefore the better the captains (and better leadership ranking they have, if there is one), the better the team.

Basically, during the prospect interviews, you "interview" them and try to entice them by either hyping up your School, Coach, Location, or promising them early playing time. I've found that players close to your college like their area, so try location with them. High profile players generally like program and coach prestige, but if your starting from scrap in a crappy school (like me and SDSU), then try the early playing time card.

Hope this helps!

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby RayVins » Sun May 01, 2005 11:44 pm

blue chips are definatley what you are going for...

i play with maryland so i get one a year if im lucky and its usually a LB...

who do you play with by the way? michigan? if so it should be pretty easy to recruit good players...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Tyr » Tue May 03, 2005 4:38 am

As has been said, Blue Chip players are football players or atheletes that put up amazing performances over their highschool careers. They typically come from the more recognizable football states, giving strong incentive to coach for a school in, say, texas or florida or alabama so scouting is faster/easier.

Team Captains affect the morale level of your team. As your team plays, they play progressively better or worse. The more tackles or interceptions a defensive captain gains, the better your defense plays. The more TDs and Yards an offensive captain plays, the better your offense plays. I also believe team captains play a small role in the number of fans drawn to your stadium, and just how loud they are.

As far as I know, you can't court players outside of the post season during your scouting. During scouting though, as no1 mentioned, playing time (especially for the skill positions) is a huge draw to small schools - as long as you have a need at the position. If you try and use playing time to draw a blue chip corner but you have two sophomore and one senior corner on your roster already - and all are playing well - you are more likely to get a negative response than a positive one to the playing time angle.

As a further note, when you're playing as a smaller school and have a glaring need at various positions, decent players (80+ rating normally) will ask for a transfer to your school so they can try to take over a starting job next year. For instance, a Crimson Tide HB in his Sophomore year (Where he's #3 on the depth chart at 81 overall) may try and make a move to UConn where he will be #1 on the chart his Junior year.
Tyr
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Video Games