ESPN MLB 2k5... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

ESPN MLB 2k5...

Moderator: Football Moderators

ESPN MLB 2k5...

Postby RayVins » Sun May 01, 2005 11:50 pm

If any of you are like me, in that you like sports games and to keep it seasonal, then you will definately like MLB 2k5.

For $20 its a good buy. Pretty far ahead of most other baseball games.

I felt like i needed a change from the usual (NFL, NCAA, and NBA games) so i invested in this one. I have not owned a baseball game since VR Baseball '97.

Once you master the controls over the baserunning and batting the game is really fun...

K-Zone: a cool feature that gives you good control over the type of pitches as well as their location...

Maximum Fielding: gives you control over diving catches, sliding catches, basket catches, homerun robbing, etc. For PS2 its the tigh analog stick and it makes for some fun replays...

There are other features and it includes the more realistic ESPN in-game graphics.

If you are a hardcore gamer or just a baseball fan, for $20 you can not go wrong compared to EA's $50 games.

I bit the bullet and bought it, and it is a great game...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: ESPN MLB 2k5...

Postby hayesb26 » Mon May 02, 2005 5:43 am

RayVins wrote: If you are a hardcore gamer or just a baseball fan, for $20 you can not go wrong compared to EA's $50 games.

Haven't tried out MLB yet, but EA's game is only thirty dollars, not fifty. I have played a little of MVP on my friends XBox, and it's not bad, though I don't thin it's enough of an improvement over last year for me to buy the new version.
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Mon May 02, 2005 2:33 pm

Hey thanks for the quick review. I have bought all ESPN NBA and NFL games so I might as wall get the MLB one. Gonna check this one out as well ;-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RayVins » Mon May 02, 2005 4:31 pm

J2thez929 wrote:Hey thanks for the quick review. I have bought all ESPN NBA and NFL games so I might as wall get the MLB one. Gonna check this one out as well ;-D

i liked espn's MLB and NFL games but i hated their NBA game.

i just didnt like it very much, gameplay wise. however the franchise or dynasty mode was very good...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Video Games