Poker Stars - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Poker Stars

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed May 11, 2005 3:07 am

Tyr wrote:All you need to know to win online is how to play a tight hand. If you're not holding strong pocket cards, fold. If you're holding a pocket pair and an overcard appears on the flop, fold. If someone's betting aggressively after a connected or flushing flop, fold.

You'll only play one out of every fifteen or twenty hands probably, give or a take a couple, but chances are you'll win roughly a third of the hands you stay in for.. even leading the fish around ;-D

damn... I am so totally used to 4-man poker. Poker with all those people is just an entirely different game. But thanks a lot for the advice... ;-D

(A Redskins fan giving sage advice to a Cowboys fan? Surely there must be trickery involved... :-b )

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tyr » Wed May 11, 2005 4:14 am

The trickery only comes in when you sit down at one of my tables :-b
Tyr
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby the weakerthans » Sun May 15, 2005 10:00 am

If anyone here would like to organize a little tourney for the forum members, I'd be more than willing to join.

Also, for those of you who likes Poker but are a bit afraid to play online, you should check out http://www.instantbankroll.com

They basically give you a free 100$ to start playing poker, no deposit/credit card required. I've done this and I now have a bankroll over 1000$, without ever depositing a penny.
(If you sign up, feel free to put me as your referal (referal ID: Ludovic). I don't want this to be interpreted as a spam. I think it is a very nice way to start playing poker online because there's no risk of losing your money. I just wanted to let you guys know about it.

(I'm not affiliated in anyway to them so I don't get anything in return if you signup, unless you put my referal, which really is up to you).
the weakerthans
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby no1cowboysfan » Sun May 15, 2005 5:47 pm

sounds good... but you have to be 21 for this promotion. I was under the impression online poker was 18 and up? Bummer...

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby the weakerthans » Sun May 15, 2005 8:07 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:sounds good... but you have to be 21 for this promotion. I was under the impression online poker was 18 and up? Bummer...

The age requirement usually is 18 but for this promotion it is 21 for some unknown reasons. You could always have someone older (like your dad) sign up for you.. But I'm not sure a lot of dads would sign up online so that their kid can play poker online. hehe

If you are over 18, you could still do some promotions at: Poker Source Online. It is the same company that runs InstantBankroll and if you know how to play poker, you would make money I guarantee.
In this case you have to make a deposit, but if you can clear 250 raked hands (which might take a couple of hours), you would be getting easily 100$ worth of bonus. Not much too lose. Many of my friends who are mediocre poker players have managed to make some easy money.

You can PM me if you want some infos.
the weakerthans
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby CC » Sun May 15, 2005 8:21 pm

A bunch of us played a tourney on Poker Room last year, a good time was had by all.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Sun May 15, 2005 9:38 pm

I don't like playing online, there isn't a atmosphere. I like sitting with friends with Stogies and 40s. Nothing like a smokey poker room! ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tyr » Mon May 16, 2005 3:53 am

BnM poker is definately more fun, but if you love the game, you'd love it online or offline. The more I play online, the better I find my play offline actually. Instead of focusing on bluffing and trying to hide your tells, the emphasis online is on learning the odds and the math behind poker.

When I play at Uconn with friends, I can win tourneys playing aggressive and loose because reading drunken college kids is not a difficult thing. When I play online, I win by playing conservatively and tight, betting pre-flop based on statistical advantages, and betting post-flop based on pot odds and estimated win percentages.

It's two entirely different ways to play, and there's a ton of money to be had both ways. ;-D
Tyr
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby TTTBone » Mon May 16, 2005 9:40 pm

Tyr wrote:
If you decide to give it a go, definately start with pacific poker. The software is mediocre, but the players are absolutely atrocious. from 2/4 all the way down to .10/.20 the limit players are fish. I've been seeing an average of 65-85% paying to see the flop, and you probably half of the players that buy the flop are willing to follow you all the way just to see what you have. Just find a comfy loose game (~70% flop) on a low limit table, and you'll be making a couple bucks an hour even on a .25/.50 if you play tight. ;-D

Shhh... B-)
Pacificpoker has supplemented my income rather nicely. ;-D
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Azrael » Mon May 16, 2005 10:26 pm

the weakerthans wrote:If anyone here would like to organize a little tourney for the forum members, I'd be more than willing to join.

Also, for those of you who likes Poker but are a bit afraid to play online, you should check out http://www.instantbankroll.com

They basically give you a free 100$ to start playing poker, no deposit/credit card required. I've done this and I now have a bankroll over 1000$, without ever depositing a penny.
(If you sign up, feel free to put me as your referal (referal ID: Ludovic). I don't want this to be interpreted as a spam. I think it is a very nice way to start playing poker online because there's no risk of losing your money. I just wanted to let you guys know about it.

(I'm not affiliated in anyway to them so I don't get anything in return if you signup, unless you put my referal, which really is up to you).

So you get a free $100 to start? Do you have to play a certain amount of hands before you can cash out?
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk