The Amazing Race - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The Amazing Race

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SeaWolf » Wed May 11, 2005 1:47 pm

Kept me guessing who was going to win, all the way until the end. Can't wait until season #8. If I remember season eight was to be teams of four. Looked on-line and applications are being accepted for season 9 already. 8-o
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby IRON CHEF » Wed May 11, 2005 2:27 pm

;-D

...some know me as pomplona's finest...
IRON CHEF
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MadScott » Wed May 11, 2005 3:45 pm

Okay, so who did win? I didn't have a chance to follow.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MCG321 » Wed May 11, 2005 5:33 pm

Wow, looks like I'm the only Rob and Amber fan here!

I'm a huge Rob fan from Survivor, so I guess that carried over. The couple ran a great race, and were incredibly close to winning. It was incredible that the plane backed up to allow Uchenna and Joyce back on. Also, they caught a bad break when the person told them the cigar shop was on 27th street, while Uchenna and Joyce received correct information.

It was an excellent season, though...it's nice to have quality reality shows on TV.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby PackerAttack84 » Wed May 11, 2005 5:50 pm

I watched the season before, with the guy who freaked out at the police, Chip and Kim won, that's who I was rooting for.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Wed May 11, 2005 6:11 pm

Roseman wrote:I think no one deserved it more that the couple that won it.

Not sure how they deserved it more than anyone else. Let's see, within the last show alone they finished last and should have been eliminated, but lucked out with that "non-elimination round" crap right at the end.

Then, they fell 12 hours behind AGAIN and got lucky again that the Amazing Race did their little "we have to make sure everyone's close at the end so we'll make a challenge at a place that doesn't open until tomorrow so everybody catches up and makes for better TV" crap to let them catch up.

THEN when they didn't get onto the plane towards the end they got lucky AGAIN in that the airport pulled the plane back to let them on, no way in hell that would've ever happened if AA didn't see TV cameras there. Not to mention I'm wondering if the Amazing Race had a little chat with them to make sure one team wasn't way ahead going down the stretch.

THEN they actually got out ahead and basically won the race on the lucky chance that their cab driver spoke spanish while Rob and Amber's didn't.

No way anyone deserved more to win than Rob and Amber, they led almost the whole way, and even throughout the last episode alone they pulled out to several big leads only to have the Amazing Race do there "everyone has to wait at point x so everyone catches up" thing several times only to get back out ahead again, and have the AR pull the same stunt again.

And while maybe a bit cocky, they still were one of the most affectionate couples out there, wasn't like they were a-holes or screaming in each other's faces like some of the couples you see. I mean, even when they fell behind at that one point because Amber went the wrong way and they hence had to hurry, he had her give him a kiss first, then after she did the task he carried her to the car.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu May 12, 2005 3:23 am

I will give Rob and Amber this much, they certainly did treat each other better than any couple on the show. As for how they treated everyone else, that's a completely different story. I was really glad to see Uchenna and Joyce finish first, they truly deserved it. It's not like Rob and Amber don't already have a $1million already. At least we will still get to see the Rob and Amber Wedding Special!
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Warpigs » Thu May 12, 2005 8:19 am

As much as people hate Rob and Amber in this whole thing, and yes, they were cocky a number of times ... From a competition standpoint, they kicked everyone else's tail. They made moves and took calculated risks because they're so competitive and solid overall. To be honest, I think they played the game as well as anyone I've seen on the Amazing Race. However, they have the aura of already winning Survivor and pulling in a ton of money in endorsements, etc. People really don't like them because they already have it made.

When people say that Uchenna and Joyce deserved it more than anyone, it isn't because they ran a better race. That much is obvious. But they do have much better things to do with the prize money, and in that sense, they do deserve it more. Most of us middle class people like to see the people in need/underdogs pull it out. THis is a classic case of that.

And one more thing -- everyone said how much Rob and Amber stuck together on the race -- Uchenna and Joyce did a great job of working together and minimizing ugliness between each other. The same could be said of the old couple, too.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby SeaWolf » Thu May 12, 2005 8:34 am

I do agree that Rob and Amber were very cunning. They played a great game and were in first or close to first most of the way. The one thing that did get me was they kept getting help because people would know who they are from Survivor. There was the guy in South America (Peru?) and the woman in South Africa who helped them only because it was "Rob and Amber from Survivor". In a sence they had extra help that the other teams didn't have.

I was rooting for Ron and Kelly in the beginng, but when they started to bicker, is when I jumped off thier bandwagon and onto Uchenna and Joyce's.

I do think the brothers, I don't remember thier names, had a good shot at winning. If they hadn't rolled thier ride they would have not been eliminated the following week. Remember they were in second place at the time of thier accident.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu May 12, 2005 8:47 am

So wait, who the hell won? :-S

I guess Rob and Amber lost...that's fine, they have money already. But Amber is still hot (and lived about 20 minutes from me before Survivor started :~( ).
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk