Odd cereal box prize - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Odd cereal box prize

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri May 06, 2005 1:25 am

mutantseabass wrote:When i was single i had a 6 ft Burmese Python, wife made me get rid of him when we got married :-t Also had a 5ft Iguana named Marley. Both were banished from my house when wifey moved in. Friend still has both of them ;-D

when i was 12 i got a boa constrictor for my birthday..it was about a foot long. by the time i was a freshman in college it had grown to almost 8 feet in length and about as big around as a softball in the mid section. one day i came home and was changing the water in its dish and it poked his head out from under its makeshift "house" in its cage. the next thing i knew it struck my hand and was pulling my arm into the cage . (it was a large aquarium type cage about 6 feet tall) . it wouldnt let go of my hand and had my thumb pinned down so i couldnt grab it with that hand. i beat its head against the glass in the cage a few times and it released my hand. i lot of blood, swelling and a broken bone in my hand from it...not to mention nightmares and trauma :-o

ive never touched a snake since.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Fri May 06, 2005 7:49 am

Wow, that would've been quite a wake-up call 8-o And nice touch Chef ;-D :-]
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Daddymike59 » Fri May 06, 2005 2:11 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:When i was single i had a 6 ft Burmese Python, wife made me get rid of him when we got married :-t Also had a 5ft Iguana named Marley. Both were banished from my house when wifey moved in. Friend still has both of them ;-D

when i was 12 i got a boa constrictor for my birthday..it was about a foot long. by the time i was a freshman in college it had grown to almost 8 feet in length and about as big around as a softball in the mid section. one day i came home and was changing the water in its dish and it poked his head out from under its makeshift "house" in its cage. the next thing i knew it struck my hand and was pulling my arm into the cage . (it was a large aquarium type cage about 6 feet tall) . it wouldnt let go of my hand and had my thumb pinned down so i couldnt grab it with that hand. i beat its head against the glass in the cage a few times and it released my hand. i lot of blood, swelling and a broken bone in my hand from it...not to mention nightmares and trauma :-o

Yea delux I can somewhat relate. I "HAD" 2 California King snakes 1 female 1 male. The male is pretty mellow but the bitch female bit me several times before her 5 foot a** disappeared into my condo somewhere... :-o

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat May 07, 2005 12:13 am

:-o :-o thats kinda scary that you misplaced a 5" long snake. 8-o been noticing less cats around your place?? :-)

did you keep the male one? all it took for me to decide snakes werent good pets was getting bitten once. :~(
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Sat May 07, 2005 6:15 am

You have to check this link out.

http://www.compfused.com/directlink/762/

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat May 07, 2005 11:49 am

dude. thats what my snake wanted to do to me. 8-o
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Daddymike59 » Sun May 08, 2005 9:19 am

deluxe_247 wrote::-o :-o thats kinda scary that you misplaced a 5" long snake. 8-o been noticing less cats around your place?? :-)

did you keep the male one? all it took for me to decide snakes werent good pets was getting bitten once. :~(

Yes I still have the male. The female shed her skin in my fireplace so either she crawled up the chimney and out the top or "POOF" :-S Still have my cat and bearded dragons so i think she is gone.

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue May 10, 2005 7:11 am

deluxe_247 wrote:

I am scared silly about snakes..I couldn't even imagine going through something like that D.. Glad you made it through ok though.

Even the little ones you stumble on mowing the lawn or weeding the bushes once in awhile scare the crap out of me.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk