Blair wins in Britain - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Blair wins in Britain

Moderator: Football Moderators

Blair wins in Britain

Postby TaturCity34 » Fri May 06, 2005 10:46 am

The British election was pretty interesting yesterday. Blair and the labour party won but barely. Last election they took 66% of the seats and in this election they only got 37% with the conservatives right behind them with either 33 or 34% (I cant remember exactly) and the Social Democrats just a few points behind that.

I'm not trying to start any political debate I'm just curious if you guys think Tony Blair will keep his position as Prime Minister of if you think the Labourites will give him Das Boot. (I know Das Boot doesn't translate to "The Boot")

If you think hes going to get ousted give me a prediction of when.
TaturCity34
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football
Location: Purifying myself in the waters of Lake Bemidji (Northern Minnesota)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri May 06, 2005 1:12 pm

I was under the impression that everyone in England hated this guy, and yet he wins re-election?
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ljthockey » Fri May 06, 2005 1:22 pm

Today is Tony Blaire's birthday to I believe. Sorry for the off subject.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Homeless » Fri May 06, 2005 1:37 pm

There is simply no credible alternative to Blair. The single biggest reason for his continued success is that he is a conservative looking middle of the road politician that just happens to be the leader of the Labour party.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby VHawk15 » Fri May 06, 2005 3:57 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I was under the impression that everyone in England hated this guy, and yet he wins re-election?

Based on the polls before the election in 2004, everyone hated Bush. But he still won as well. :-o

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby TaturCity34 » Fri May 06, 2005 4:09 pm

Blair could be removed from his position as head of the labour party and whoever replaces him would be the new prime minister. Due to the decrease in numbers some people speculate that this may happen.
TaturCity34
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Location: Purifying myself in the waters of Lake Bemidji (Northern Minnesota)

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri May 06, 2005 4:56 pm

Homeless wrote:There is simply no credible alternative to Blair. The single biggest reason for his continued success is that he is a conservative looking middle of the road politician that just happens to be the leader of the Labour party.

The first part of this is what I was lead to believe, and hearing it from an Englishmen definitely solidifies my opinion.

As to "everyone hates Blair" (I assume because of the Bush fiasco), I am relatively sure that more people just hate Bush than they do Blair. A fair few are unhappy with Blair, but nothing I would think that would risk his reelection. Not to mention, remember that the Prime Minister is elected by the Parliment, not the populous.

Of course, my knowledge about the politics of the United Kingdon is somewhat limited, so I'd direct questions towards Homey... ;-D

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat May 07, 2005 3:22 am

VHawk15 wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I was under the impression that everyone in England hated this guy, and yet he wins re-election?

Based on the polls before the election in 2004, everyone hated Bush. But he still won as well. :-o

Considering Bush's last two opponents, it's no surprise why he won...not that I have any clue about Blair's opponent, but Bush certainly had some help by default.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat May 07, 2005 5:53 am

Here's my take on the whole thing...

As long as the Parliament people keep having that meeting with the Prime Minister where everyone starts going "HarHARRRRR" when someone asks a question, I don't care who they put in there. I love that meeting. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Sat May 07, 2005 8:38 am

VHawk15 wrote:

I guess the Democrats were in charge of the polls. :-?
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Return to General Talk