Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

NFL the new day time soap

Moderator: Football Moderators

NFL the new day time soap

Postby thatonepoorkid » Fri May 06, 2005 10:24 pm

T.O.
F. Mitchell
J. Walker

You name it there are so many little divas playing this game i once called a mans sport i mean come on can u really complaine about a multi-million dollar paycheck, i mean if i had a chance i would take a 7 year deal for half mil. to sit on the bench.
Then theres Pat Tillman who gave up everything for you, for me, for TO, for Walker, for Eli manning, for everyone. So im just wondering am i the only one that thinks these little cry babys need to shove-it?
thatonepoorkid
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joshyboy72 » Fri May 06, 2005 10:35 pm

Guess you have to be in their shoes to answer that. I agree though, what Pat Tillman did is just a step above, a place in my heart no player will have for my fantasy team no matter how many touchdowns they score or whatever they do in the real game. But then again, we don't live the lives of TO and all the rest of them. The amount of work they have to put into it, the hits they take...I mean TO with the horse collar for example. I also don't really think TO is a crybaby...he has his off-field issues, but he's all talk...on the field, he's a pure motivator, plays the game with true heart, and hell in my mind, deserves the money.

Of course we'd take the money, but we're not professional football players in the NFL, TO knows he can get the money so why not? You can't say he doesn't deserve it, but I guess they must have a whole different outlook on money. Actually, obviously. Only thing is TO won't get the money...he'll play one more season in Philly before being cut before they have to pay him that contract bonus I believe they have to.

I don't really know what I'm trying to get across, no argument or anything, just sort of rambling, it's getting late here anyway so yeah...
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby thatonepoorkid » Fri May 06, 2005 10:47 pm

i see ur point about how hard they work and yes i agree that they desarve what they get paid i mean think about how much shorter they will live because they are getting battered around but there are harder jobs out there teachers get paid nickles and dimes and i cannot see it as being an easy job, and they are the ones breeding superstars like TO i just wish someone from a blue collar or even a white collar family could sit him down and make him listen to logic. I'm sick of hearing about him and everyone else wanting more money i dont care i just want to sit down every sunday and watch the game i've loved my whole life. But, i guess curroption spreds easily
thatonepoorkid
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Sat May 07, 2005 9:53 pm

The thing you have to understand is how much revenue they actually bring in. And where does that money go? To the owners. They are actually worth a lot more than they get paid, because of TV, advertising rights, and ticket sales. I think that if they perform they have every right in the world to lobby for better pay. It is like any other job. HOWEVER, I don't think they have the right to bitch and moan and holdout. If they are truly worth what they say they are, then they should prove it by giving it their all. Randy McMichael (I'm not talking about what he did to his wife) wants more more money, but he is not going to hold out. That is classy, and Hines Ward did the same thing. That is how these athletes should go about contract issues.
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby chaindog35 » Sat May 07, 2005 11:41 pm

I don't care how much they bring in. They are getting paid millions to play a game. A game that most men would love to have the opportunity to play. Just because they happen to have the physical gifts to play doesn't mean they should use that as leverage to get even more money. Maybe the pay rules need to be changed so players get more money, but they should go about it the proper way.
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1)

Postby thatonepoorkid » Sun May 08, 2005 6:36 pm

[quote="chaindog35"]I don't care how much they bring in. They are getting paid millions to play a game. A game that most men would love to have the opportunity to play. Just because they happen to have the physical gifts to play doesn't mean they should use that as leverage to get even more money. Maybe the pay rules need to be changed so players get more money, but they should go about it the proper way.[/quote]

i could not agree with that any more
thatonepoorkid
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby houstonherdfan » Sun May 15, 2005 9:43 pm

disgruntledjetsfan wrote:The thing you have to understand is how much revenue they actually bring in. And where does that money go? To the owners. They are actually worth a lot more than they get paid, because of TV, advertising rights, and ticket sales. I think that if they perform they have every right in the world to lobby for better pay. It is like any other job. HOWEVER, I don't think they have the right to bitch and moan and holdout. If they are truly worth what they say they are, then they should prove it by giving it their all. Randy McMichael (I'm not talking about what he did to his wife) wants more more money, but he is not going to hold out. That is classy, and Hines Ward did the same thing. That is how these athletes should go about contract issues.

I don't begrudge TO any money he does have the talent and the owners make alot of money.

This issue I have with TO is that he signed a contract last year that the players Asso. said Do Not Sign, you are going to give away leverage and is not a good contract for a player to sign. He basically said F$%^&& YOU to the organization that is there to protect the players rights and signed the contract anyway. I say TO you made you bed you go lie in it. He deseves nothing except what is written on the existing contract he has with the Eagles.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby joshyboy72 » Mon May 16, 2005 2:09 pm

Another thing to think about is...when a player has a terrible year, you don't see him going out and renegotiating his contract downwards...what's the difference? Although there are things about this we don't know, they truly are just a bunch of crybabies.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby footballfreak449 » Sat May 28, 2005 8:24 am

Players like TO do take a hit, because this requires more time than ur normal 9-5 job. However, to come onto TV and say you need to feed your family? Jesus... thats ridiculous. I make roughly 30 Gs, a year, and me and my roomates fend for ourselves just find... Minimum salary in the NFL is like 350 (I think).. If your worried that you can't feed your family, don't buy 8 Jaguars and a few Hummers...
footballfreak449
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertWeb Supporter

Postby A2theIzzo » Sat May 28, 2005 6:15 pm

Ok, heres my saying on this Pat Tillman stuff.

You know there are more people in the U.S> army, Navy, Ect. than Pat Tillman? Im not taking anything away from tillman, and i honor him with great respect and everything. Its just that why are we all putting so much attention to ONE guy just because he played in the NFL. There are tons of troops that have a Cinderella story just like him. What im saying is that all the other people who have died dont get the attention that some famous troops are getting, but those troops deserve as much respect as Tillman. Again, im not Critizising everyone who is reguarding Tillman as a hero, im just saying remember that there are others who've died too not just tillman.

Hope this doesnt cause negative stuff against me :-/
A2theIzzo
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting