NFL the new day time soap - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

NFL the new day time soap

Moderator: Football Moderators

tillman

Postby o_street7000 » Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:21 am

the thing with tillman is that he didnt want anyones respect for leaving the NFL, he simply did it because he wanted to defned his country, and when you have the potential to be corrupted by the NFL and decide to do the honorable thing, that deserves some respect. Im noit dissing you, because i know where you are coming from, but most of the guys in the troops arent rejecting millions of dollars a year to fight in another country so i believe thats what makes tillman special. And the whole deal with TO is that its a business, TO raked in the $ and put his longjevity on the line for this team. The only reason he signed the initial contract was so he would have somewhere to play and could escape SF, and now that he has put it on the line (and in my mind made philly a SB calibur team) he deserves more $. The whole feeeding his family this is simply pompus, but like any other job, id say TO put in a lot of ovetime and deserves the benefits.
o_street7000
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: tillman

Postby A2theIzzo » Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:14 pm

o_street7000 wrote:the thing with tillman is that he didnt want anyones respect for leaving the NFL, he simply did it because he wanted to defned his country, and when you have the potential to be corrupted by the NFL and decide to do the honorable thing, that deserves some respect. Im noit dissing you, because i know where you are coming from, but most of the guys in the troops arent rejecting millions of dollars a year to fight in another country so i believe thats what makes tillman special. And the whole deal with TO is that its a business, TO raked in the $ and put his longjevity on the line for this team. The only reason he signed the initial contract was so he would have somewhere to play and could escape SF, and now that he has put it on the line (and in my mind made philly a SB calibur team) he deserves more $. The whole feeeding his family this is simply pompus, but like any other job, id say TO put in a lot of ovetime and deserves the benefits.

No disrespect
And see thats the thing, ur saying he should get more credit because he left millions of dollars right. Thats exactly a greedy persons thinking. Your awarding him because he left the money? See he's a good person and doesnt care about money, because nothing about money. Thing everyone else left behind their FAMILIES, way more important that money..And why arent we honoring them as much as tillman?? Just becaise its money he left behind.....he gets everyone elses attention. :-t

;-)
A2theIzzo
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

however

Postby o_street7000 » Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:16 pm

he left his family too, and he rejected the high roller life of a professional football player, which other men in the army were never offered. you need to take into consideration what he gave up in corolation to his familky
o_street7000
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Re: NFL the new day time soap

Postby Jimboozie » Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:45 pm

thatonepoorkid wrote:T.O.
F. Mitchell
J. Walker

You name it there are so many little divas playing this game i once called a mans sport i mean come on can u really complaine about a multi-million dollar paycheck, i mean if i had a chance i would take a 7 year deal for half mil. to sit on the bench.
Then theres Pat Tillman who gave up everything for you, for me, for TO, for Walker, for Eli manning, for everyone. So im just wondering am i the only one that thinks these little cry babys need to shove-it?

TO is the biggest diva of them all. I am shocked he doesnt have his own reality show on VH1.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting