I like coach Tice
27%
I do not like coach Tice
73%

Total votes : 11

Tice fan

Postby Bottled Aggression » Wed May 11, 2005 1:36 am

Does anyone like Mike Tice as a coach?

I would have to say...If we had a different coach, I think the Vikings would not struggle like they do and be so inconsistant in the past years.

We have one of the top QBs in the game. Had the top WR, and had a very good running game. But, in those criticaly times (playoffs), they could not move the ball.

Maybe a more creative and experienced coach would be a much needed improvement.

I like Mike Tice as a personnel type person, he is great with the media. But as a coach, he does need some work.

Are the Viings going to wait thru a few more average years with some good talent, then figure things out, or will they really strive to be a dynasty type team??
Bottled Aggression
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Vikes_Fan2823 » Wed May 11, 2005 3:35 pm

The guy is a moron, plain and simple. *See sig*

I mean, our running game was a prime example. I mean, our RB's averaged 4.7 yards per carry last year. And they only ran 289 times all year. That is 18 times per game! Not even close to enough for a game. He needs to balance out our offense more. Curtis Martin alone ran 371 times last year. Come on Tice...RUN THE BALL!!
16-team PPR Keeper League
QB: T. Romo, V. Young
RB: M. Turner, B. Wells, T. Hightower
WR: A. Johnson, J. Ford, N. Burleson, A. Roberts, J. Simpson
TE: D. Clark, J. Cook
K: R. Gould
D/ST: Cardinals
Vikes_Fan2823
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Bennett4prez » Sun May 15, 2005 12:07 am

Tice is seen as a horrible coach in many fans' eyes, and I'm one of the first to judge, but it's not ENTIRELY Tice's fault.

1) A quarterback with Brady's clutchness would solve the problem. Nothing against Culpepper, but the Vikings need a leader who can carry a team late in the game, read the defenses, and throw the ball to the end zone for 6. Culpepper's one downside is his inability to interpret defenses consistantly.

2) Scott Linehan was a joke of an OC. I know Tice was behind this, but the Randy Ratio? C'mon Scott, smack Tice upside the head and realize deliberately TELLING defenses Moss is going to get the ball a certain amount of plays each game is NFL suicide.

3) The Vikings defense merited that of a team that should go 4-12, not 8-8 or 9-7. Tice has never had the defense to give the team a serious Super Bowl push, and the Vikings have put up reasonable numbers.

All and all, Tice is one of the 5 worst coaches in the NFL, and should not have gotten his option picked up for the 2005 season. However, Tice could come back next season as the offensive coordinator with someone such as Jim Bates, Jim Fassell, or Jim Haslett pick up the football next season. (Are all those guys really Jim's or am I just really tired and Jim sounded right for all of them?)
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby PurplePassion » Wed May 18, 2005 1:18 pm

i dunno, the guy's made some poor decisions in the past, but i think if he could just balance the offense out between run and pass more, i think he'd be a much better coach, he's not stupid, he just hasn't unleashed what he knows is there
My team is a choking machine, but there's always next year to be seen.

PurplePassion
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed May 25, 2005 2:35 am

Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby GBert1414 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:47 pm

if tice does bad this year zygi is going to get rid of him
GBert1414
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Tice is awful

Postby bibby » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:20 pm

Must be fired ASAP. The guy is terrible for this team.
www.itstherightway.com/fantasy.html
bibby
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby smnbuv » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:50 am

I can't believe you people can blame Mike Tice for the way the offense is being run. Scott Linehan is a great offensive coordinator. Look at what he has done with his severe lack of talent in Miami. I agree that Mike Tice is not a great head coach in the NFL, but he also is not the worst.
Having Steve Loney as the offensive coordinator is a serious joke. That guy shouldn't be the o-coordinator for a pee-wee team much less the Vikings.

My solution? Bring Linehan back to MN only this time as a head coach and let Tice go back to working with Tight Ends and O-line.
smnbuv
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby 77racing » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:30 pm

I DISAGREE
Tice is not only a bumbling moron when it comes to the X's and O's but also PISS poor leader on and off the field scalping super bowl tickets GREAT example to set NOT! Time to clean house top to bottom
77racing
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Blackjack ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:07 pm

smnbuv wrote:I can't believe you people can blame Mike Tice for the way the offense is being run. Scott Linehan is a great offensive coordinator. Look at what he has done with his severe lack of talent in Miami. I agree that Mike Tice is not a great head coach in the NFL, but he also is not the worst.
Having Steve Loney as the offensive coordinator is a serious joke. That guy shouldn't be the o-coordinator for a pee-wee team much less the Vikings.

My solution? Bring Linehan back to MN only this time as a head coach and let Tice go back to working with Tight Ends and O-line.

Thank you.

B4P, how can you say Linehan was horrible and a joke of an offensive coordinator? The guy led the Vikings' offense to years in which they were among the top offenses in the NFL, and perenially were feared by opposing defenses. The guy has now taken a very low amount of talent in Miami's offense to be a very competent offense, led by an ex-Viking Gus Frerotte. I consider it a huge front office mistake letting Linehan go. Look at last year's offense with Moss out for those games, now look at this year's offense. We didn't have Birk for most of last season either, so pretty much everything's the same...Here's the stats for ya:

04 season games without Moss:
vs TEN - 313 yards 20 points
vs NYG - 324 yards 13 points
vs IND - 292 yards 28 points
vs GB - 416 yards 31 points
vs DET - 319 yards 20 points
Total - 1664 yards 112 points through 5 games

05 season without Moss:
vs TB - 248 yards 13 points
vs CIN - 304 yards 8 points
vs NO - 420 yards 33 points
vs ATL - 261 yards 10 points
vs CHI - 283 yards 3 points
vs GB - 363 yards 23 points
vs CAR - 253 yards 13 points
Through first 5 games total: 1516 yards 67 points

Take the 5 games last year without Moss and the first five this year without Moss and you've got less yards and less than 60% of the points that they had last year. We can't really use any more of the games since now Brad Johnson is going to be starting, and that's another excuse for the Vikes to suck. But there's no way that you can say that Linehan was a bad OC.

Sure I agree that there's more problems than Tice. We suffered from horrible management and ownership, and that was seen when Moss was traded away. We got absolutely nothing for him, and then we used the pick on Troy Williamson. The guy had bust written all over him. I wish they'd have used it on a defensive guy. I don't care if it was too high, take Derrick Johnson. Why trade the best WR in the game to get another pick to use on a WR who ultimately is not going to be as good as he is? Wasn't the point to improve the team? How are you going to improve the team by exchanging a WR for a worse one and a backup LB on a squad that already has horrible LBs?

But still, Tice has done nothing to help the team, and drafing Williamson and all the freaking D-lineman is more his fault than anybody else's. Get rid of him, he's the cancer.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to Minnesota Vikings