XBOX 360 Specs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

XBOX 360 Specs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Manja » Thu May 12, 2005 9:15 am

Maybe... Just maybe.. Sony will be dethroned this year.

Finally, some revenge for my Sega Saturn and Dreamcast... JERKS!
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu May 12, 2005 3:34 pm

Manja wrote:Maybe... Just maybe.. Sony will be dethroned this year.

Finally, some revenge for my Sega Saturn and Dreamcast... JERKS!

hear hear! I wish Sega were still in the console business.
Last edited by no1cowboysfan on Thu May 12, 2005 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby myintrotoletyouknow » Thu May 12, 2005 3:59 pm

the only things ive heard about the ps3 are about how much better its gonna be than the xbox360 and it rightfully should be being released so much later. since microsoft will be the first on the market, they will have much better initial sales upfront but if sony can put out some serious games with their release, i could see them easily dominating the console wars.

i only play xbox now for halo 2, im not a big fan of microsoft and would much rather play the multi-platform games on a ps2, sony will be seeing my money when the time comes.
myintrotoletyouknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Manja » Thu May 12, 2005 4:48 pm

I'm sure the PS3 will be released with some very overhyped game... and a bunch of others that suck.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby myintrotoletyouknow » Thu May 12, 2005 5:51 pm

because they failed so horribly when they released MSG2 with the PS2
myintrotoletyouknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby myintrotoletyouknow » Thu May 12, 2005 9:35 pm

hmm well seems i missed the show, anything worthwile happen?
myintrotoletyouknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Tyr » Fri May 13, 2005 3:49 am

I was a bit dissapointed that it was all specs and design. The initial games release date won't be until Q3. As I had assumed, there will NOT be a DVD-RW included, but the DVD drive will be capable of reading DVD+-RW/+9 media.

The controllers look AWESOME. They're like a mix of the current S Type Xbox controllers and the GC Wavebird controllers.. without the giant wedges sticking out from underneath.

Here are the confirmed specs, courtesy of IGN:

# An IBM PowerPC based CPU with 3 symmetrical cores running at 3.2 GHz each, packing the most-advanced artificial intelligence and physics processing available
# A custom ATI Graphics processor and more than 512 MB of memory for high definition games and entertainment applications
# All games optimized for 16:9 aspect ratio, HD Output (720p and 1080i); multichannel surround sound output
# Detachable and upgradeable 20GB hard drive to download demos and trailers along with new game levels, maps, weapons, vehicles, skins, community-created content, and more; to rip music for playback and to listen to custom play lists in every game
# A wireless controller with Microsoft-patented wireless technology; Xbox Guide Button on every controller, the launch pad that instantly connects gamers to their games, friends, and music and to power on or power off Xbox 360 without leaving the couch
# Gamer Profile software that remembers what players have achieved in games
# Instant, out-of-the-box access to Xbox Live, including: a built-in Ethernet port for connectivity; Xbox Live Marketplace for downloadable content; a Message Center to receive voice and video messages from friends; ability to talk to friends, even while watching movies or listening to music; and an Xbox Live Headset
# 3 USB 2.0 ports for Xbox Live Camera peripheral; to plug in wired game controllers that are also common for Windows PCs; to stream media from any portable media device, digital camera, and Windows XP PC
# Progressive-scan DVD movie playback out of the box; DVD and CD music and photo playback out of the box; support for DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-DA, CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, WMA CD, MP3 CD, JPEG Photo CD
# Windows Media Center Extender built in to access recorded TV (including high definition) and digital movies (including high definition), music, video and photos stored on Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005-based PCs through any Xbox 360
# Support for up to four wireless game controllers and an optional Universal Media Remote with Windows® XP Media Center Edition Button for Media Center Edition functionality
# Support for Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter via 802.11b, g and a
# Interactive, full screen 3D visualizers
# Two memory unit ports to save data on portable memory units, starting at 64 MB
# Detachable Face so each console can be personalized
# Parental Controls to restrict the games and movies that are played; Xbox Live controls to manage Friends List, voice and video communication, and Gamer Profile sharing

Looks like Mtr will be stuck playing Barbie's horse riding adventures. ;-)
Tyr
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby mtryanks12 » Fri May 13, 2005 4:49 am

aaw, I totally dislike any parental controls (filter) (filter) (filter). My parents would never know anyways, they just watch me while I plug it in at first beacuse they think that I'll burn the house down plugging a cable into the TV. Anfter that its all me and my brother. I asked my dad to play crazy taxi for GC a couple years ago and it made him puke, so they won't be playing video games for a while.
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri May 13, 2005 5:20 am

mtryanks12 wrote:aaw, I totally dislike any parental controls (filter) (filter) (filter). My parents would never know anyways, they just watch me while I plug it in at first beacuse they think that I'll burn the house down plugging a cable into the TV. Anfter that its all me and my brother. I asked my dad to play crazy taxi for GC a couple years ago and it made him puke, so they won't be playing video games for a while.

it is rather tricky to pull off... it takes years of practice to plug in power cords with the finesse that I do. :-b

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby kashikis » Fri May 13, 2005 8:04 am

mtryanks12 wrote:I asked my dad to play crazy taxi for GC a couple years ago and it made him puke, so they won't be playing video games for a while.

What?!?! 8-o

You Dad actually puked playing Crazi Taxi? The game gets a tad out of control every once in a while but that's unheard of to me. Now tell him to want to go to an amusement park. I garauntee he couldn't make it there ;-D
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Video Games