We just axed the Sunday Ticket and Directv. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

We just axed the Sunday Ticket and Directv.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby portisfan24 » Sat May 14, 2005 3:42 pm

Well in Canada the service is much different, so I wont even get into it. All I will say is for 40 bucks a month I get Fox and CBS for this area and Fox and CBS from back east, So I usually get 4 games on a Sunday (not bad for Canada eh)

I like aww's idea of threatening cancellation though. When my sports illustrated subscription rran out and I didnt renew it right away. they were all over me. The longer I waited, the more stuff I got. Plus they knocked 25 cents off each issue. I ended up with a sweatshirt, sleeping bag and hand-held notebook deal that I never use.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Sat May 14, 2005 5:48 pm

Free Bagel wrote:How close do they consider "local"? Wouldn't the local games be your CBS/FOX games anyway?

For instance I'm in Gainesville (Central Florida), less than 2 hrs from Tampa and Jax, and 5+ hrs from Miami/Atlanta. Would all 4 of those be blacked out or just Tampa/Jax? If it was just Tampa and Jax it wouldn't really matter, because (unfortunately) Jacksonville is on CBS every week here and Tampa is on FOX pretty much every week here.

I'm pretty sure that each market gets regionalized. For instance, I am in the SF 49er market and Oakland Raider markets. They are generally drawn by proximity to major markets.

In your case, I would have to think that no more than 2 regions would be blacked out. I couldn't foresee more than that though.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to General Talk