Trinidad/Wright Fight - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Trinidad/Wright Fight

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby MadScott » Sun May 15, 2005 6:25 pm

Wow! Read this and then the fight recap and that's about all you can say. As CC said, it's time to stop sleeping on this guy. The fight I want to see, and I hope it will happen is Bernard "the Executioner" v. Winky. I think that would be the best fight to come around in quite some time.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JayM09 » Sun May 15, 2005 7:59 pm

MadScott wrote:Wow! Read this and then the fight recap and that's about all you can say. As CC said, it's time to stop sleeping on this guy. The fight I want to see, and I hope it will happen is Bernard "the Executioner" v. Winky. I think that would be the best fight to come around in quite some time.

not me, im a big jermain taylor fan and i hope he can beat hopkins.

hopkins run wont last too much longer as he is getting older, and i hope taylor can take the torch and be the next middleweight great.
[b]cafe leagues
nkl 9-6 #3 seed, runner-up
budbowl 10-5 #3 seed. 3rd place
vxl 11-4 #1 seed, runner-up
gbffl 10-5 #2 seed, lost semis
cafe champs 12-4 #1 seed, runner-up[/b]
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Sun May 15, 2005 8:05 pm

I like Taylor as well, but Hopkins is the champ, and I wouldn't bet against him at any odds.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby vdragon78 » Sun May 15, 2005 8:15 pm

wow.. tito got slapped back into retirement.
i was rooting for Winky, but i can't help but feel bad for tito -- that's a bad way to retire. he didn't put up much of a fight.

Trinidad to Retire
Reliable sources are informing MaxBoxing that three-division world champion Felix Trinidad has decided to retire from boxing at the age of 32. The move comes on the heels of his near-shutout decision loss to Winky Wright Saturday night in Vegas. If this retirement - Trinidad's second - sticks, the knockout artist from Cupey Alto will leave the game with a record of 42-2 (35 KOs) which included world championships at welterweight, junior middleweight, and middleweight, as well as countless thrills over the years.

http://www.maxboxing.com
vdragon78
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby CC » Sun May 15, 2005 8:17 pm

Retired after both losses, this is definetly a sour way to remember the end of your career.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby DUKE » Sun May 15, 2005 8:38 pm

He was guaranteed 10 million for that fight. He probably feels that he has lost some marketability, lost some skills, and doesn't have many intriguing options left, which is what I think. When they started flirting with the idea of rematch, me and everyone watching all agreed that we had no interest in seeing Winky dominate him for a second time. I think Winky/Hopkins would be cool, but I think he's going to have to worry about Taylor first. I've been impressed everytime I've seen Taylor fight. We haven't seen him in the ring with opposition on the caliber of Hopkins, but I wouldn't be suprised to see Taylor come out ahead. I wouldn't bet against Hopkins, but with fighters his age, you never know when their time is up. I can't freaking wait for Taylor/Hopkins. We need to make sure there's a thread about that one in here when the time comes. ;-D
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby CC » Sun May 15, 2005 8:43 pm

Yea, I love talking boxing, I only have one buddy my age who knows what he's talking about so it's awesome to be able to talk w/ you guys. I didn't know we had so many boxing fans here.
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby DUKE » Sun May 15, 2005 8:51 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:Yea, I love talking boxing, I only have one buddy my age who knows what he's talking about so it's awesome to be able to talk w/ you guys. I didn't know we had so many boxing fans here.

My sentiments exactly ;-D
DUKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerInnovative Member

Postby Horizons » Sun May 15, 2005 8:51 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I like Taylor as well, but Hopkins is the champ, and I wouldn't bet against him at any odds.

I too think Hopkins will keep the title, this fight will be like a young bull and the matador.. Hopkins is still too slick to get hit with many clean shots. Taylor does have devastating power though.
As for the Trinidad fight I knew Wright was way too slick for Tito, didn't even buy it.. :-t
Don't give up the ship...........sell it!!
Horizons
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 12)
Location: Somewhere on the "Trail of Tears" between the tube and GameCenter

Postby Tiki » Sun May 15, 2005 8:59 pm

Aww man I watched the fight and I wanted Trinidad to win! But he didn't fight very well! Oh well atleast a guy named winky got the win! He has been around for awhile but what has he done?
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk