Should i tinker???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Should i tinker???

Postby Fakker » Tue Sep 24, 2002 3:52 pm

My Team:
Bledsoe/Testaverde
Faulk/Henry/Barlow
Moulds/Driver/branch/gardner/Morgan
Wondering if i should shop guys around, like Barlow, his value is up at the moment. Or should i stick with what i got. Poke as many holes as you can in this team and offer a suggestion or two. Thanks
God Dawm I'm Hooked on FF
Fakker
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Sep 24, 2002 4:02 pm

First off,keep your eye on Faulk's status and grab Lamar Gordon as a backup,not Trung Candidate!!!That's what I've heard for now.Testeverde & any of your last 3 WR's could be shopped,leave the rest be.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Arlo » Tue Sep 24, 2002 4:11 pm

Guttpuppy's right - Gordon's the better bet to play in Faulk's absence. Canidate seems to have landed himself squarely in the doghouse. If I were a Faulk owner, however, I'd probably try to get both Gordon and Canidate on my team no, roster space permitting.

Basically, I don't think there's a fantasy team in existence that can't be improved through tinkering. Besides, that's half the fun... :-D

You have excellent depth at WR - in your position, I'd probably try to shop Branch, whose stock is high, plus Barlow for a more dependable RB. Henry and Barlow are certainly nothing to scoff at and will keep you competitive while Faulk is out, but an upgrade can't hurt.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JayM09 » Tue Sep 24, 2002 6:13 pm

I agree with arlo, try to upgrade a running back, and get a better backup qb. Other than that I see no problems with your roster
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kashikis » Wed Sep 25, 2002 9:16 am

id say if you can package both barlow and branch together with both of their stocks being up at this point then you should be able to land an everyday starter from some team. also like they said try to grab gordon for insurance on faulk as well
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby trentvaughn » Wed Sep 25, 2002 9:32 am

In addition to the other comments made (which I agree with), you need a better backup QB. Testaverde isn't going to do it for you playing badly in the toughest division in football. Look to someone else to backup the every week starter you have in Bledsoe.

Trentvaughn
trentvaughn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Return to Football Talk