Clayton moves in w/Boller. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Baltimore Ravens

Clayton moves in w/Boller.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Clayton moves in w/Boller.

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue May 17, 2005 7:39 pm

While the Ravens build a new mind-set, Boller has worked hard to build relationships with his new receivers.

After the 75-minute non-contact practice, he continued to throw one-on-one with Mason, the high-profile free-agent pickup from the Tennessee Titans. They finished up by taking a knee and chatting for an additional 10 minutes about different routes and their personal lives.

Boller has extended a similar hand to Clayton, the team's top draft pick. He even invited Clayton to stay at his house instead of the hotel where the rookies sleep.

"Actually, the beds at the AmeriSuites [stink]," Clayton said. "I just wanted to go in and hang out with him. That's part of building a relationship. Having it off the field makes it a lot easier on the field."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.ravens17may17,1,3062082.story?coll=bal-sports-football&ctrack=1&cset=true
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Roseman » Tue May 17, 2005 9:53 pm

This cant be a bad thing for the Ravins. Building rapport between the QB and his receivers is never a bad thing.

Dont work Mark once you get that signing bonus you will be able to afford better hotels than the Amerisuites
Roseman
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Location: Drinkin a Beer, I am from Canada that is all we do here!!!

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue May 17, 2005 10:26 pm

good news...first it was mason staying late working on his rythym with boller and now boller and clayton bonding.

regardless...boller still scares the crap out of me for this year. keeping my fingers crossed. :-o
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed May 18, 2005 1:19 am

Methinks I am one of the few Boller-believers here at the cafe. I really believe he's going to make big strides this year for you fellas. He seemed to look very impressive at times last year, which is more than I can say for him at any other time in his shory career. Heap should be healthy, Clayton is a solid rookie, Mason is as steady as they come and Jamal will be back with a vengance. I like your chances to take the division.

Pittsburgh... :-°
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby myintrotoletyouknow » Wed May 18, 2005 1:36 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Methinks I am one of the few Boller-believers here at the cafe. I really believe he's going to make big strides this year for you fellas. He seemed to look very impressive at times last year, which is more than I can say for him at any other time in his shory career. Heap should be healthy, Clayton is a solid rookie, Mason is as steady as they come and Jamal will be back with a vengance. I like your chances to take the division.

Pittsburgh... :-°

im one of those guys, he showed some marked improvement as the season went on which should continue this year, especially now he has something to throw to
myintrotoletyouknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed May 18, 2005 3:34 am

I am not a Boller believer. He is still inaccurate, and he still makes hasty, rash decisions when throwing the ball. Granted he's young, but I just don't see him improving that much more. Personally, I think it was the receivers who stepped up their game last season, not Boller. He may have taken steps to being a better QB, but I wouldn't call them strides.

Will the passing attack be improved in Baltimore? Certainly... I can't really see how it can't be. Better o-line, better receivers... anyone can improve under favorable positions. But I don't see Boller ever being worth the 1st rounder they spent on him. He seems to be, when he is learnt up and matured, to be the perennial 13-18th QB, give or take a couple.

I could always be wrong about Boller... God knows my judgement hasn't been spectacular in talent evaluation in years past (I'm still waiting for a Tim Couch comeback... just watch). But, this is the way I see it.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby SiouxCitySavages » Wed May 18, 2005 7:03 pm

Lord knows I hate the Ravens, but I have to give them a little credit here....He will have Heap back this year too...So, if he does fail, it will be all on Boller....I have to hand it to Baltimore for putting the talent around Boller...This will also help out Lewis, who has been taking a beating the last couple of seasons...He won't have to carry the rock 35 times a game...All-in-all, it looks good for Baltimore....

....They needed to do something to "TRY" and compete with my Boys..
SiouxCitySavages
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu May 19, 2005 12:45 am

appropriate thread i guess :*)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu May 19, 2005 1:21 am

deluxe_247 wrote:Image

appropriate thread i guess :*)

Dude, that's just cold. Funny, but cold.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri May 20, 2005 6:46 am

a guy on the ravens board had it as his signature :-o ;-)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Baltimore Ravens