MP3/iPod - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

MP3/iPod

Moderator: Football Moderators

MP3/iPod

Postby PackerAttack84 » Thu May 19, 2005 6:36 pm

I was just at Best Buy today looking at the MP3 players and iPods. I was just wondering if anybody has them, what they think about them, etc. How much would it end up costing me if I bought a $100 MP3 player, how much would I expect to spend on songs? Thanks in advance.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kanezfan11 » Thu May 19, 2005 7:03 pm

I think there are a few threads on this, so you can try diggin' 'em up in search for a bunch of comments.

For me, I have an iPod... it's been pretty good but don't know if it's just mine but it has a terrible battery life. You don't have to "spend" anything on songs if you dont want to ( }:-) ) but depends how much into music you are. I have close to 2,000 right now with alot of different types of music.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Atog » Thu May 19, 2005 7:44 pm

Hmm.

iPods are pretty shady on battery life, but are pretty user friendly.
All of my non-iPod friends insist that other .mp3 players are more efficient, but i'm fine with my iPod.

If you get an iPod, don't get an iPod mini. It's $50 less than the normal iPods, and as about 1/5 of the capacity.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby PackerAttack84 » Thu May 19, 2005 7:51 pm

Atog wrote:Hmm.

iPods are pretty shady on battery life, but are pretty user friendly.
All of my non-iPod friends insist that other .mp3 players are more efficient, but i'm fine with my iPod.

If you get an iPod, don't get an iPod mini. It's $50 less than the normal iPods, and as about 1/5 of the capacity.

If say you only want 200 songs, can't you just delete old songs that you don't want?
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ljthockey » Thu May 19, 2005 9:10 pm

I made the mistake of buying a Ipod mini instead and even though I love it and listen to it all the time Atog is right spend the extra money for the regular Ipod.

As for battery life I havent had much trouble with it then again My car charges it pretty fast and I have it plugged in alot.

And Pack the Ipod Mini holds 1000 or a bit more so 200 songs will definatly be fine. But Im sure once you get it you will want more songs.

My recomndation says buy the regular Ipod.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby portisfan24 » Thu May 19, 2005 9:16 pm

My brother bought an Ipod Shuffle. Im not sure if thats the Canadian equivalent to the mini or not. Either way, it holds like 120 songs, is much smaller, and is extremely efficient on battery life. It was only like 100 bucks too. Id definately look into it if you want to save quite a bit of money.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PackerAttack84 » Thu May 19, 2005 9:18 pm

portisfan24 wrote:My brother bought an Ipod Shuffle. Im not sure if thats the Canadian equivalent to the mini or not. Either way, it holds like 120 songs, is much smaller, and is extremely efficient on battery life. It was only like 100 bucks too. Id definately look into it if you want to save quite a bit of money.

The iPod Shuffle is different then the mini iPod. My main question is that those 120 songs, you can delete them once you get to 120 and you want to add songs, right? And just a question, how do most of you get your songs, do you pay for them song by song, or what?
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Atog » Thu May 19, 2005 9:19 pm

portisfan24 wrote:My brother bought an Ipod Shuffle. Im not sure if thats the Canadian equivalent to the mini or not. Either way, it holds like 120 songs, is much smaller, and is extremely efficient on battery life. It was only like 100 bucks too. Id definately look into it if you want to save quite a bit of money.

iPod shuffle is a different Apple product, it's like a mini-mini-ipod that players your songs randomly, and doesn't have a screen or any of the sorting functions that normal iPods have. So i'd assume that it has a lot better battery life.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby ljthockey » Thu May 19, 2005 9:37 pm

Yeah I wouldnt recomend the Shuffle unless you really just want to listen to you're music randomly all the time. If you put on a song you really like on there you're going to have to keep clicking to find it or for any song you are in the mood for.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Tyr » Fri May 20, 2005 3:17 am

Creatize Zen Touch is the way to go.

Search for the previous posts comparing the iPod v2 against the Creative Nomad Zen and Zen Xtra. I don't really feel like typing it all out again.
:*)
I need a lazy emoticon!
Tyr
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to General Talk