Star Wars top 10 and bottom 5 all time - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Star Wars top 10 and bottom 5 all time

Moderator: Football Moderators

Star Wars top 10 and bottom 5 all time

Postby SeaWolf » Fri May 20, 2005 8:56 pm

Interesting article. Enjoy and critique if you wish.

http://rc.newsday.com/entertainment/new ... 9391.story
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sat May 21, 2005 2:16 am

I pretty much loathe every "new" thing Lucas did to the original series of movies. Touching up the video with digital quality or making the soundtrack more crisp is one thing. To alter scenes and make them look more CG just because we now have the technology is just lame. Leave it alone, Lucas. The fact that the original versions of the SW Trilogy are no longer available to the public is an outrage.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SeaWolf » Sat May 21, 2005 6:38 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I pretty much loathe every "new" thing Lucas did to the original series of movies. Touching up the video with digital quality or making the soundtrack more crisp is one thing. To alter scenes and make them look more CG just because we now have the technology is just lame. Leave it alone, Lucas. The fact that the original versions of the SW Trilogy are no longer available to the public is an outrage.

I agree. I liked the clips that were edited out the first time, but were placed in for the special addition. But to completely alter a scene, Jabba's singer for example, was not cool IMO.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby MadScott » Sat May 21, 2005 1:19 pm

From the "worst" side:

3 Ewoks ("Jedi").

Ee-yeww. A bunch of teddy bears with rocks with arrows defeats highly feared, highly armed Imperial storm troopers? Let me go in there with one Tec-9...

Couldn't agree more. I mean how cool would it have been to go with the original idea of a planet of wookies instead of "Snuggle" fabric softener bears?
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Sat May 21, 2005 10:40 pm

In Return of the Sith they go to Wookie land! I think Jar-Jar Binks should have been #1...How I loathe him!! Too cartoony...
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby myintrotoletyouknow » Sat May 21, 2005 11:27 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I pretty much loathe every "new" thing Lucas did to the original series of movies. Touching up the video with digital quality or making the soundtrack more crisp is one thing. To alter scenes and make them look more CG just because we now have the technology is just lame. Leave it alone, Lucas. The fact that the original versions of the SW Trilogy are no longer available to the public is an outrage.

those all came out while i was in 5th grade and i had never seen the 70s/80s versions. having seen the originals, i must say theyre better.

i hate how moviemakers today think they can throw in some CG and automatically think its add to the movie. older movie SFX, while clearly not as good, allow the viewer to remain in the scene or movie, when i see scenes in Ep. 1,2 that are completely done in CG, it makes me feel like im no longer with the characters for the duration of that scene, im in some computer. i guess its something about the fact that all the props were real back in the day, you could go on set and actually touch everything. and while im on that note, the 007 series has gone that way too. Goldeneye was the last one that seemed to concentrate more on story rather than SFX and CG. i saw the one after Goldeneye once, didnt like it, and havent seen another one since. as the SFX and CG get bigger and bigger it seems the quality of story was worse and worse.

[/rant]

as i mentioned before, the new old Star Wars came out while i was in 5th grade and everyone in my classes were obsessed with it. i bought this star wars encyclopedia and read it from cover to cover, and while i cant seem to find it anymore, i cant ever remember reading about Jar Jar Binks, even though it contained every person in every book and every storyline. needless to say i was disappointed when he was introduced.

basically what im tryin to say is the #1 and #2 lamest moments in Star Wars were the release of Episodes 1 and 2. they've almost ruined the series for me and hopefully when i see Episode 3 lucas will have redeemed himself.
myintrotoletyouknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to General Talk