Thoughts on McQuarters - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to San Francisco 49ers

Thoughts on McQuarters

Moderator: Football Moderators

Thoughts on McQuarters

Postby proKrastinate » Sat May 21, 2005 7:56 pm

is mcquarters a solid CB? I know Rumph doesn't want to move to saftey, but given that we need some CB help, would this kind of signing be a possibility?

i just read up above that he is to be released
Image
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 889
Joined: 25 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Thoughts on McQuarters

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat May 21, 2005 8:33 pm

proKrastinate wrote:is mcquarters a solid CB? I know Rumph doesn't want to move to saftey, but given that we need some CB help, would this kind of signing be a possibility?

i just read up above that he is to be released

Ha, we drafted McQuarters in the 1st round a few years ago. He wasn't very good, but I think that was because he was just young and needed to work on some things. Over the past few years he has gotten a lot better. He did pretty good last year for the Bears, I think.

Hey, I wouldn't mind seeing us getting a project back now that he's got a bunch of experience under his belt. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 12045
Joined: 22 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New Castle, PA

Re: Thoughts on McQuarters

Postby proKrastinate » Sun May 22, 2005 12:04 am

Mercer Boy wrote:
proKrastinate wrote:is mcquarters a solid CB? I know Rumph doesn't want to move to saftey, but given that we need some CB help, would this kind of signing be a possibility?

i just read up above that he is to be released

Ha, we drafted McQuarters in the 1st round a few years ago. He wasn't very good, but I think that was because he was just young and needed to work on some things. Over the past few years he has gotten a lot better. He did pretty good last year for the Bears, I think.

Hey, I wouldn't mind seeing us getting a project back now that he's got a bunch of experience under his belt. ;-D


haha did we really draft him a couple years ago? I know very little, with most of what I know coming in the last year or two when I really really started to get into football. The years before I was a casual fan i guess..
Image
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 889
Joined: 25 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Thoughts on McQuarters

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun May 22, 2005 12:30 am

proKrastinate wrote:haha did we really draft him a couple years ago? I know very little, with most of what I know coming in the last year or two when I really really started to get into football. The years before I was a casual fan i guess..


I think McQuarters was drafted in 1998, so he's not a young pup anymore. He'll be 29 this year. I don't think he's a bad DB, but he's not in his prime anymore.
Image
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 14333
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Room 7609

Postby MadScott » Sun May 22, 2005 4:02 pm

We had him and let him go. Frankly, I don't want him back. He regressed from his first season with our team and that was the reason that we let him go. He's at best a slot DB and a pretty marginal one at that. His cover skills and instincts never were the best. He really got exposed v. the Rams in 99 when they became "The Greatest Show on Turf" as he was beaten early and often against them.
Image
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5924
Joined: 27 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football


Return to San Francisco 49ers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 19:54 hours
(and 36 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact