Thoughts on McQuarters - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to San Francisco 49ers

Thoughts on McQuarters

Moderator: Football Moderators

Thoughts on McQuarters

Postby proKrastinate » Sat May 21, 2005 7:56 pm

is mcquarters a solid CB? I know Rumph doesn't want to move to saftey, but given that we need some CB help, would this kind of signing be a possibility?

i just read up above that he is to be released
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Thoughts on McQuarters

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat May 21, 2005 8:33 pm

proKrastinate wrote:is mcquarters a solid CB? I know Rumph doesn't want to move to saftey, but given that we need some CB help, would this kind of signing be a possibility?

Ha, we drafted McQuarters in the 1st round a few years ago. He wasn't very good, but I think that was because he was just young and needed to work on some things. Over the past few years he has gotten a lot better. He did pretty good last year for the Bears, I think.

Hey, I wouldn't mind seeing us getting a project back now that he's got a bunch of experience under his belt. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby proKrastinate » Sun May 22, 2005 12:04 am

Mercer Boy wrote:
proKrastinate wrote:is mcquarters a solid CB? I know Rumph doesn't want to move to saftey, but given that we need some CB help, would this kind of signing be a possibility?

Ha, we drafted McQuarters in the 1st round a few years ago. He wasn't very good, but I think that was because he was just young and needed to work on some things. Over the past few years he has gotten a lot better. He did pretty good last year for the Bears, I think.

Hey, I wouldn't mind seeing us getting a project back now that he's got a bunch of experience under his belt. ;-D

haha did we really draft him a couple years ago? I know very little, with most of what I know coming in the last year or two when I really really started to get into football. The years before I was a casual fan i guess..
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun May 22, 2005 12:30 am

proKrastinate wrote:haha did we really draft him a couple years ago? I know very little, with most of what I know coming in the last year or two when I really really started to get into football. The years before I was a casual fan i guess..

I think McQuarters was drafted in 1998, so he's not a young pup anymore. He'll be 29 this year. I don't think he's a bad DB, but he's not in his prime anymore.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Sun May 22, 2005 4:02 pm

We had him and let him go. Frankly, I don't want him back. He regressed from his first season with our team and that was the reason that we let him go. He's at best a slot DB and a pretty marginal one at that. His cover skills and instincts never were the best. He really got exposed v. the Rams in 99 when they became "The Greatest Show on Turf" as he was beaten early and often against them.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to San Francisco 49ers