boller has good outing in passing camp - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Baltimore Ravens

boller has good outing in passing camp

Moderator: Football Moderators

boller has good outing in passing camp

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue May 24, 2005 12:38 am

From Adam Beasley:

“It was good to see Mark get out there today,” said Boller, who opened up his home to the rookie in an attempt to create some instant chemistry. “He looks quick. Get that ball in his hands. My job is to get [the receivers] the ball. If it’s short, long, whatever it is, just get it in their hands and let them go make plays.”

He did that and more Monday, as Boller had another sharp practice. The passing game received a boost by the return of Clayton and Clarence Moore, who missed part of last week with a sprained neck."

For those who throw a fit at news of Boller's "inconsistency" and "rustiness" last Monday, a week later he is "sharp." So, please, take this as much to heart as you did the info last week, and let the complaining stop for a little while, at least until the first couple of days of July camp.

well at least he is looking a little better. hopefully the improvements keep coming ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue May 24, 2005 3:41 am

Well, you certainly can't knock the guy for lack of trying. Opening up your home to a rookie to create a chemistry is admirable and noteworthy. I'm one of those rare Boller supporters who thinks all he needs is a little more talent surrounding him and a bit more confidence to take the next step. This definitely helps and shows how seriously he's taking his job. Mason, Heap, Clayton, Jamal...certainly the best offensive group the Ravens have ever had, hopefully Boller will be able to spearhead the operation.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue May 24, 2005 5:47 pm

i think he has the most pressure he has ever faced coming into this season. he probably knows his job could be on the line if he doesnt show he can get it done. there is no denying that with the talent they have he should be able to put up decent numbers.

i wish we had a young guy like palmer instead. now that would be scary. :-b
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue May 24, 2005 7:27 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:i think he has the most pressure he has ever faced coming into this season. he probably knows his job could be on the line if he doesnt show he can get it done. there is no denying that with the talent they have he should be able to put up decent numbers.

i wish we had a young guy like palmer instead. now that would be scary. :-b

True, but Palmer walked into a much more comfortable situation than Boller did. Carson already had a nice core of recievers to throw to and a solid line to protect him. Boller had a decent line, but his options were limited when it came time to throw the ball. He's going to have no excuses this year, so the pressure is certainly on his back more than ever. I still think he'll step it up.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue May 24, 2005 8:22 pm

i hope you are right dude. if he does the sky is the limit.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Baltimore Ravens