Car audio systems - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Car audio systems

Moderator: Football Moderators

Car audio systems

Postby J2thez929 » Tue May 24, 2005 3:06 pm

Just yesterday I installed some new Alpine speakers for my car. No amp or sub, just 3-ways in the back and 2-ways in the front. I am now looking to replace my factory-installed cd player. I was wondering if anyone was a familiar with car audio and stuff like that who could give me some good suggestions on brand or anything?

I am just looking for a head unit/cd receiver that supports CD-Rs(which pretty much all of em nowadays do). I don't need XM ready or MP3 playback.

I currently am looking into this one
Kls

Any suggestions or info would be appreciated ;-D
Last edited by J2thez929 on Tue May 24, 2005 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kashikis » Tue May 24, 2005 3:37 pm

Personally I've owned 4 pioneer in dash players and they all performed great for me. None of them ever gave me trouble.

As for burned CDs, almost any new player should play them. I would look for ones that play MP3's as you can fit 150+ on a CD. Talk about a road trip lol.

Anyway I think this one is a better deal. You get MP3 playback, a remote, and it's compatible with XM and Sirius. Anyway you can read all that crap for yourself, and it's about the same price.

Hope that helps.
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Lushcrush » Tue May 24, 2005 6:52 pm

I just put some new stuff in my '71 TBird. I really like the JVC AR400 Cd player and it seems to be reasonable for what you get. Also is Sirius compatible - I can see myself cruising on Sundays listening to the games on this.
For speakers, I took out the paper cone originals in the back and replaced them with these.
The coolest thing I did was take the original single 6x9 out of the dash and installed two of these.
Then, just for grins, I put in one of these.
I really can't tell you how much this stuff costs ... my youngest daughter is best friends with the daughter of the guy who runs the audio shop so he sold the everything to me wholesale.
The 'Bird does bump ... ;-D
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Wed May 25, 2005 8:30 am

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I will look into both of them. I appreciate it ;-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Homeless » Wed May 25, 2005 8:56 am

Lushcrush wrote:I just put some new stuff in my '71 TBird.

Like a new engine, transmission and lots of filler :-b

8 track is the way to go, trust me on this, its coming back ;-D
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Return to General Talk