Thanks, Guys :) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Chicago Bears

Thanks, Guys :)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Thanks, Guys :)

Postby PurplePassion » Tue May 24, 2005 5:34 pm

i already posted this in the Vikings section, but i'd like 2 share the good news with every1

http://www.vikings.com/news_detail_OBJE ... 52405.html

ne1 know y the Bears didn't keep him?
My team is a choking machine, but there's always next year to be seen.

PurplePassion
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Thanks, Guys :)

Postby kevinoc81 » Wed May 25, 2005 8:02 am

PurplePassion wrote:ne1 know y the Bears didn't keep him?

Hmmmmmm :-?

Because he SUCKS!

If you want a 15/24 (62.5%) FG kicker and a weak leg on kickoffs that had 0 touchbacks you are more than welcome. Maybe he will be better for you guys in a dome full time, but believe me, Bear fans are happy with the move.
kevinoc81
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bennett4prez » Wed May 25, 2005 3:39 pm

kevinoc81 wrote:
PurplePassion wrote:ne1 know y the Bears didn't keep him?

Hmmmmmm :-?

Because he SUCKS!

If you want a 15/24 (62.5%) FG kicker and a weak leg on kickoffs that had 0 touchbacks you are more than welcome. Maybe he will be better for you guys in a dome full time, but believe me, Bear fans are happy with the move.

First of all, the metrodome will help Edinger's stats. Edinger is not a 62% field goal kicker. Secondly, Edinger had zero touchbacks last year, but the Vikings have kick off specialst Aaron Elling to perform such duties.

The Vikings got Edinger for the league minimum. I agree, Doug Brien is a better kicker, but Edinger should perform just fine in the capacity he will need to serve for the Vikings.
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Goatwhacker » Wed May 25, 2005 4:47 pm

Bennett4prez wrote:
The Vikings got Edinger for the league minimum. I agree, Doug Brien is a better kicker, but Edinger should perform just fine in the capacity he will need to serve for the Vikings.

You are depending on him returning to prior form in order for him to "do fine". A few years ago he was a pretty good kicker playing in the same weather he played in last year when he wasn't very good. Therefore, I can't see how his playing in a dome is necessarily going to be the answer.

Edinger just didn't seem to have it last year. I'm not sure why, but I doubt it was the weather. Off the top of my head, it seems like he was also a poor pressure kicker last year although I can't quantify that.

I have nothing against Edinger, but Minnesota should not feel confident he will be the answer to their FG problems. As I said in another thread, I don't see how he's that much better than Elling.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Goatwhacker » Thu May 26, 2005 5:12 pm

Found this at Yahoo Sports:

But over the last 24 games, Edinger connected on just 24-of-43 field goal attempts.

That works out to 55.8%.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby PurplePassion » Fri May 27, 2005 4:12 pm

8-o man, the guy has one down season and every1 thinks he's done, the guy's only 26 years old! he's got plenty of room and time 2 justify last season

PurplePassion
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri May 27, 2005 9:11 pm

PurplePassion wrote:8-o man, the guy has one down season and every1 thinks he's done, the guy's only 26 years old! he's got plenty of room and time 2 justify last season

yea one down season is 24 games. you guys have fun with edge in 3rd place. ;-7
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby PurplePassion » Sun May 29, 2005 3:17 pm

24 is less than 2 seasons, so i put one, because he had one FULL down season :-P

and like i said, he's 26, he won't be living in the past when he's still gotta future ahead of him

PurplePassion
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Bennett4prez » Mon May 30, 2005 9:25 am

Goatwhacker wrote:
Bennett4prez wrote:

You are depending on him returning to prior form in order for him to "do fine". A few years ago he was a pretty good kicker playing in the same weather he played in last year when he wasn't very good. Therefore, I can't see how his playing in a dome is necessarily going to be the answer.

Edinger just didn't seem to have it last year. I'm not sure why, but I doubt it was the weather. Off the top of my head, it seems like he was also a poor pressure kicker last year although I can't quantify that.

I have nothing against Edinger, but Minnesota should not feel confident he will be the answer to their FG problems. As I said in another thread, I don't see how he's that much better than Elling.

:-b When you win only five games in a season, I don't see how that could be a problem. If anything, he didn't get enough chances to get used to the "pressure situations". ;-D
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Goatwhacker » Mon May 30, 2005 1:45 pm

Bennett4prez wrote:
:-b When you win only five games in a season, I don't see how that could be a problem.

Touche. Like I said, I can't really quantify, but it seemed like the times I was thinking "Boy, it'd be nice to put some points on the board", Edinger would be walking off with his head hanging a minute later. Overall you're right though, I can't really call him a poor pressure kicker.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Chicago Bears