Scoop on Orlando Pace? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Scoop on Orlando Pace?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Scoop on Orlando Pace?

Postby Wolverine » Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:24 pm

Anyone living close to St. Louis know anything more on Pace's likelihood of signing before the season starts? I drafted Faulk and would like to know where Pace is at in terms of negotiations...I don't like the Rams offensive line without their anchor and I'm sure neither does Warner.
Wolverine
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby drunkenmonkey » Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:32 am

I live in St. Louis, and it sounds as if the Rams are planning their season without him. They want him to sign, they're just not banking on it. About a month ago, I thought there was no way Pace was dumb enough to sit this long, but I guess he is. He is asking for ungodly money, and it seems like he plans on sitting on his ass until he gets it from somebody. Rams will do okay without him, and at this point, I almost hope he goes somewhere else. I'm sick and tired of his prima donna twinkie-eatin' ass.
It's time to roll the dice!
drunkenmonkey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LeftyQB » Wed Aug 20, 2003 6:23 am

I've read about possible trade talks between Seattle and St. Louis involving Walter Jones and Pace...both current hold outs.
LeftyQB
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Wolverine » Wed Aug 20, 2003 6:29 am

Bah, this sucks, STL o-line looks a little banged-up at the moment.
Wolverine
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby yoda83 » Wed Aug 20, 2003 7:42 am

hey, lefty, do you know how much jones is holding out for? i've just assumed that he and pace were looking for comparable dollars. not at all sure about that, but if it is the case, i dont see why either team would make this trade. i think they would each be weaker for it (at least this year).
yoda83
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby EatMyShorts092 » Wed Aug 20, 2003 5:59 pm

pace would be an idiot to pass up 5.7 million this year.. and thats what will happen if he sits out all year, believe me he will sign unless we trade him. the rumor i heard was w jones and shawn springs for pace, but if that isnt true then pace better sign or the rams r screwed.
EatMyShorts092
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby drunkenmonkey » Wed Aug 20, 2003 10:55 pm

Pace is asking for 23.5 million dollar signing bonus. The most the Rams have ever given anybody in their history is around 13 or 14 million. On top of that he's asking for somewhere around $12 million a year. The guy is insane.
It's time to roll the dice!
drunkenmonkey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Hawk022499 » Wed Aug 20, 2003 11:47 pm

drunkenmonkey wrote:I live in St. Louis, and it sounds as if the Rams are planning their season without him. They want him to sign, they're just not banking on it. About a month ago, I thought there was no way Pace was dumb enough to sit this long, but I guess he is. He is asking for ungodly money, and it seems like he plans on sitting on his ass until he gets it from somebody. Rams will do okay without him, and at this point, I almost hope he goes somewhere else. I'm sick and tired of his prima donna twinkie-eatin' ass.

You are exactly right. It would be a shame to lose someone of his talent. But, who needs someone so stuck on himself? This could develope into a locker room cancer. If he is unmoving on his insane demands, send his ass packing.
Hawk022499
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Football Talk