Anyone Know a Web Site Designer/is one? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Anyone Know a Web Site Designer/is one?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Anyone Know a Web Site Designer/is one?

Postby deftdelivery » Tue May 24, 2005 8:22 pm

Hey guys, just wanted to know if any of you know a website designer or if you know HTML and design sites yourself. Over at my site, I've been trying to design a decent looking presentation, but to no avail. I really don't have the time or energy to design a site all by myself :-]

So if any of you know HTML or know someone that does, would it be possible to get some help? I know I'll probably have to fork over some cash for something like this to be done, but if anyone could do this for free that would be great. We have some killer forums, and I'd like a killer site to match it.

Thanks! ;-D
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue May 24, 2005 8:55 pm

vikesrule88 from the cafe is pretty good at that stuff. you can check out some of his work in the logos forum.(he has posted some web pages and templates he made) i havent seen him around much lately, as he said he had a lot of school stuff to do..but you might want to shoot him a PM.

im just starting to dabble in dreamweaver so id be little help to you. :-/
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue May 24, 2005 9:02 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:vikesrule88 from the cafe is pretty good at that stuff. you can check out some of his work in the logos forum.(he has posted some web pages and templates he made)

Not so sure he can code html...it isn't exactly designing graphics.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue May 24, 2005 9:05 pm

Guttpuppy wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:vikesrule88 from the cafe is pretty good at that stuff. you can check out some of his work in the logos forum.(he has posted some web pages and templates he made)

Not so sure he can code html...it isn't exactly designing graphics.

one of the ones he posted was a working website though. anyways....just an idea ;-)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Anyone Know a Web Site Designer/is one?

Postby maddog60 » Wed May 25, 2005 12:06 am

I'm quite adept at HTML, done work on a web based program for Unisys, and a web-based database project for Glenmede. However, I'd say I'm more of a software developer than web site designer. I do however have a good friend who's been doing free-lance web design for about 1 year and has worked on web design for QVC previously. I'm sure he'd require money to do the work, but the man is excellent with graphics, flash animation, whatever you need for a smooth webpage.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Lushcrush » Wed May 25, 2005 7:48 am

I know you don't have time but ...
Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Cruise around and find some websites that appeal to you, and copy their format. Fool around with them and see how they work. Then you can substitute your info for theirs and you're off and running.
Two things here:
1. By the time you insert your info and twak the site you'l have a pretty good handle on your code.
2. Any time you want to change something, you don't have to go through a middleman.
Or you could hire somebody
;-)
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Gunslinger » Wed May 25, 2005 10:22 am

FreeBagel has a great (FF) site that he's been developing. PM him if you get a chance.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Kensat30 » Wed May 25, 2005 1:33 pm

If you want some professional help, a friend of my is a website guy. He used to work for Peoplesoft on their website stuff for a few years , but he quit to finish some degree at Cal Berkeley. He just graduated and is now back to doing website stuff..
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby deftdelivery » Wed May 25, 2005 4:28 pm

Lushcrush wrote:I know you don't have time but ...
Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Cruise around and find some websites that appeal to you, and copy their format. Fool around with them and see how they work. Then you can substitute your info for theirs and you're off and running.
Two things here:
1. By the time you insert your info and twak the site you'l have a pretty good handle on your code.
2. Any time you want to change something, you don't have to go through a middleman.
Or you could hire somebody
;-)

Haha actually that had been what I was doing :-) Unfortunately, in trying to copy over their code, I got lost in the tables upon tables of HTML. I really couldn't keep up with everything going on, so substituting my own stuff was difficult. I might try again with another site over the summer, though...if I can't find anyone.

Gunslinger wrote:FreeBagel has a great (FF) site that he's been developing. PM him if you get a chance.

Yeah, I've talked to good ole FB about the site...he's checked it out already. He's a ridiculously busy guy, and I'm sure he wouldn't be able to contribute much help with design. Perhaps when he has some free hours over the Summer I can learn a few things from him.
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MCG321 » Wed May 25, 2005 4:39 pm

I make some good stuff in FrontPage, although I'm sure HTML purists look down on that. I could make something for you and then send you the files to edit yourself (Frontpage is really easy), if you'd like.
MCG321
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to General Talk