BORB 60s/70s FINAL!!! The Beatles vs. Led Zeppelin - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

BORB 60s/70s FINAL!!! The Beatles vs. Led Zeppelin

Moderator: Football Moderators

The Beatles (60s) or Led Zeppelin (70s)?

The Beatles
42%
Led Zeppelin
58%

Total votes : 19

Postby Vikes_Fan2823 » Wed May 25, 2005 3:16 pm

mtryanks12 wrote:led zeppelin biotch!! I vote for them because the 70's was so much cooler than the grandma era of the 60's.

airraid81 wrote:I again go with Zeppelin. The Beatles are pretty boy pussies with no edge and not very good songs. All their shit is too slow and not hard enough.

You guys are making us Zeppelin fans look bad :-t

I went with Zeppelin here. There is no doubt in my mind that the Beatles were far more successful and had a bigger impact on rock music, but Zeppelin is more my style. They have many great songs, and I really love that bluesy rock they do. They are my second favorite band of all time(behind Mötley Crüe), and I will ALWAYS listen to them.
16-team PPR Keeper League
QB: T. Romo, V. Young
RB: M. Turner, B. Wells, T. Hightower
WR: A. Johnson, J. Ford, N. Burleson, A. Roberts, J. Simpson
TE: D. Clark, J. Cook
K: R. Gould
D/ST: Cardinals
Vikes_Fan2823
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Calyxes » Wed May 25, 2005 4:50 pm

I know I voted against the beatles when they were against the stones.....but I like them in this match up.
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Redskins Win » Wed May 25, 2005 5:02 pm

disgruntledjetsfan wrote:I love Zeppelin, but my vote goes to the Beatles, the greatest band of all time. They revolutionized music, and had more #1 hits than any group ever. With the exception of Ringo, the band members were phenomenal, with the band and when they went solo. They have the most played song of all time, Yesterday, and rightfully so. Paul McCartny had perhaps the greatest voice of all time, and although John Lennon was incredibly liberal, you have to respect his unbelievable lyrics.

I know some people may like certain bands better than the beatles, but it seems people do not appreciate what they meant to music and to the world, for that matter, during the 60s.

Not to make this into a debate but Elvis, chuck berry and all those blues artists from the 40's and 50's revoloutionized rock n roll, that's why the beatles covered them, as well as the stones and Zep, (Not a sermon )
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk