LOST finale tonight! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

LOST finale tonight!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby South Park Cows » Wed May 25, 2005 9:13 pm

Wow, just what did that answer? That the hatch just goes down and down? I guess it sort of makes you want to turn it on next season and find out what it is, but for me, it was just a big run down. And with the producers talking about how it was going to be the biggest cliffhanger since "Who Shot J.R?", but this episode was one big letdown. I'm disappointed greatly. :-t

Edit- People on the west coast--do not look.
South Park Cows
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 2257
Joined: 2 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canacuna » Thu May 26, 2005 12:25 am

Well... I thought it was alright - somewhat disappointed that there really wasn't a whole lot of questions answered... but it set up a lot of good stuff for next season.

"You've got some Arzt on you." = Best line 'eva.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 5062
Joined: 7 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Home sweet home.

Postby awwchrist » Thu May 26, 2005 1:27 am

Writers boned it bad. You gotta reward loyalty from the viewers with at least a little bit.

More questions than answers.
Image
________________________________________
26-13
Only 3 leagues this year. No sense in rooting for everyone in the NFL.
awwchrist
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9433
Joined: 22 Oct 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: see that 1:hidden? That's me.

Postby daullaz » Thu May 26, 2005 1:50 am

Won't have to wait a whole year for the next season though. It's on the ABC lineup for the fall. The show is becoming somewhat predictable, so next season will be a challenge for the writers to keep it fresh. I'm hoping with the new developments, the survivors switch from defense mode (just trying not to die) to attack mode (search and rescue; it's either them or us).
Image
Image
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3107
(Past Year: 38)
Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Cave

Postby LT Blue Colt » Thu May 26, 2005 7:26 am

awwchrist wrote:Writers boned it bad. You gotta reward loyalty from the viewers with at least a little bit.

More questions than answers.


I couldn't agree more there. I found the finale to leave me with about 50 more questions, and, um let's see, like 1 answer. But, here's my prediction. I think Locke is going to be the Darth Vader of the island, by getting turned to the dark side and all, kinda like the dudes on the boat that took Walt. I think those guys were the French ladies crew members from before. Not quite sure how it's going to pan out, but I hope somewhere along the way Kate finds a bikini that fit's her just perfect and that's all she feels like wearing for awhile. ;-D
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 1426
Joined: 5 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Intersection of M32 and Old 27

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu May 26, 2005 9:03 am

LT Blue Colt wrote:
awwchrist wrote:Writers boned it bad. You gotta reward loyalty from the viewers with at least a little bit.

More questions than answers.


I couldn't agree more there. I found the finale to leave me with about 50 more questions, and, um let's see, like 1 answer. But, here's my prediction. I think Locke is going to be the Darth Vader of the island, by getting turned to the dark side and all, kinda like the dudes on the boat that took Walt. I think those guys were the French ladies crew members from before. Not quite sure how it's going to pan out, but I hope somewhere along the way Kate finds a bikini that fit's her just perfect and that's all she feels like wearing for awhile. ;-D



I'm all about the Kate idea! But as for Locke turning Vader, it would be way too predictable and convienient. Maybe the heroin junkie (forgot his name as I typed this!) or Boone's "sister". She can be one evil beeyotch when she wants to be!
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4887
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 20 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Who?

Postby Vikes_Fan2823 » Thu May 26, 2005 2:48 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:I'm all about the Kate idea! But as for Locke turning Vader, it would be way too predictable and convienient. Maybe the heroin junkie (forgot his name as I typed this!) or Boone's "sister". She can be one evil beeyotch when she wants to be!


It's Charlie ;-D

I thought it was a pretty good episode. It was a good finale. I cannot believe that I have to wait the whole summer just to see what's in the vault though. :-°

Had some teary moments, at least for me. Especially when Walt got taken. It's just not right that a kid should be taken from his dad. I was yelling at the TV during that part. :*) That show really makes me feel like I'm there, watching. Not at home sitting on my butt. :-b
16-team PPR Keeper League
QB: T. Romo, V. Young
RB: M. Turner, B. Wells, T. Hightower
WR: A. Johnson, J. Ford, N. Burleson, A. Roberts, J. Simpson
TE: D. Clark, J. Cook
K: R. Gould
D/ST: Cardinals
Vikes_Fan2823
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 1122
Joined: 16 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: A Vikings fan in Michigan

Postby Free Bagel » Fri May 27, 2005 10:15 am

I posted this on some forums over a week ago ;)

I've got the end of next week's episode all figured out.

Last scene, hatch opens to a black screen, end of season. That would fit right in with how things have been going.



By the way, not sure if anyone else realized it, but according to an interview from the kid that plays Walt in the show, the guys that took him were supposed to be "the others" that kept being referred to.

Also, they didn't seem to make a big deal out of Michael, Jin, and Sawyer being left in the ocean to die so I guess they plan on having them surviving, but it certainly doesn't seem all that likely given that situation in real life. Hard enough to survive a bullet wound without a doctor, much less floating around in the ocean, much less with blood pouring out drawing every shark in the area to your spot.
Image
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8495
Joined: 25 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Titletown, FL

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri May 27, 2005 10:24 am

Free Bagel wrote:I posted this on some forums over a week ago ;)

I've got the end of next week's episode all figured out.

Last scene, hatch opens to a black screen, end of season. That would fit right in with how things have been going.



By the way, not sure if anyone else realized it, but according to an interview from the kid that plays Walt in the show, the guys that took him were supposed to be "the others" that kept being referred to.

Also, they didn't seem to make a big deal out of Michael, Jin, and Sawyer being left in the ocean to die so I guess they plan on having them surviving, but it certainly doesn't seem all that likely given that situation in real life. Hard enough to survive a bullet wound without a doctor, much less floating around in the ocean, much less with blood pouring out drawing every shark in the area to your spot.


We aren't really even sure it was a serious wound, if at all. Famous movie trick: Guy appears to be shot, guy gets grazed on the arm, no real damage done. These others are probably some drug dealers, the island is the base, they rig this stuff as booby traps, the hatch is a meth lab, and they steal kids to use as slave labor, until they grow old enough to inherit the business ala Dread Pirate Roberts. It would suck to have it work out this way, but past experience shows that if producers can ruin a hit show, they will ruin it.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4887
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 20 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Who?

Postby Vikes_Fan2823 » Fri May 27, 2005 9:17 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Also, they didn't seem to make a big deal out of Michael, Jin, and Sawyer being left in the ocean to die so I guess they plan on having them surviving, but it certainly doesn't seem all that likely given that situation in real life. Hard enough to survive a bullet wound without a doctor, much less floating around in the ocean, much less with blood pouring out drawing every shark in the area to your spot.


I read an article in TV Guide, the producers said they purposely put a lot of the characters in jeopardy in case they don't sign on for another season. :-°
16-team PPR Keeper League
QB: T. Romo, V. Young
RB: M. Turner, B. Wells, T. Hightower
WR: A. Johnson, J. Ford, N. Burleson, A. Roberts, J. Simpson
TE: D. Clark, J. Cook
K: R. Gould
D/ST: Cardinals
Vikes_Fan2823
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 1122
Joined: 16 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: A Vikings fan in Michigan

Previous

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 18:17 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact