The Longest Yard - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The Longest Yard

Moderator: Football Moderators

The Longest Yard

Postby airraid81 » Fri May 27, 2005 3:06 pm

When's it come out? Is it gonna be any good?
NFL=No Fun Leauge
NFL=No Farting League
NFL=Nude Freaks League
NFL=Nothing For Losers
NFL=Non-Fierce Lions (Det)
NFL=Nat'l Frog League
Him name is Hopkin Green, where is he?!
airraid81
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: The Longest Yard

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri May 27, 2005 3:09 pm

airraid81 wrote:When's it come out? Is it gonna be any good?

I think it comes out today. I am looking forward to seeing the new one! Should be decent. If nothing else it will be pretty funny..
Last edited by SwiperNoSwiping on Fri May 27, 2005 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Fri May 27, 2005 3:10 pm

Comes out today.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby PackerAttack84 » Fri May 27, 2005 3:51 pm

I'm going to see it on Sunday with some friends, I think it's gonna be awesome! ;-D
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri May 27, 2005 6:17 pm

if any of you havent seen the first one, ill pull a burt reynolds and slap you in the face :-D

i cant wait to see this new version. it looks awesome ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri May 27, 2005 6:23 pm

I just got back from seeing it and was very pleased with it. I laughed out loud at least a dozen times and left the theater feeling like I wanted to own in on DVD. It's very well-paced, has a lot of funny scenes and fun characters. I haven't seen the original in years, so I am not going to even try to compare it, nor should I for that matter. On it's own, it stands up well. Sandler is great and not over-the-top like most of his films, he's very likeable and doesn't carry the film because his supporting cast does a great job of filling out the gaps. Rock is in his supporting role and keeps pretty low tempo, but shines when he's center stage. Irvin, Romo and Boz all fit their roles well and are believeable as are the wrestlers. Even the football scenes are fun to watch, which isn't always the case in football movies. I truly enjoyed the movie and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys comedy. I'd give it 8.5/10.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Gunslinger » Fri May 27, 2005 7:36 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I just got back from seeing it and was very pleased with it. I laughed out loud at least a dozen times and left the theater feeling like I wanted to own in on DVD. It's very well-paced, has a lot of funny scenes and fun characters. I haven't seen the original in years, so I am not going to even try to compare it, nor should I for that matter. On it's own, it stands up well. Sandler is great and not over-the-top like most of his films, he's very likeable and doesn't carry the film because his supporting cast does a great job of filling out the gaps. Rock is in his supporting role and keeps pretty low tempo, but shines when he's center stage. Irvin, Romo and Boz all fit their roles well and are believeable as are the wrestlers. Even the football scenes are fun to watch, which isn't always the case in football movies. I truly enjoyed the movie and would recommend it to anyone who enjoys comedy. I'd give it 8.5/10.

I'll be anxiously awaiting a full review on Studio Seraph. :)
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mtryanks12 » Fri May 27, 2005 7:38 pm

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna see it with my gi rlfirend (filter) and our friends on Sunday, so I can't wait to see. It said it was terrible in teh wall street journal, but they're all old men, what do they know?
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby airraid81 » Fri May 27, 2005 9:39 pm

Yeah, my newspaper also gave it a bad grade. I'm just wondering if Sandler can acctually look like a real football player.
NFL=No Fun Leauge
NFL=No Farting League
NFL=Nude Freaks League
NFL=Nothing For Losers
NFL=Non-Fierce Lions (Det)
NFL=Nat'l Frog League
Him name is Hopkin Green, where is he?!
airraid81
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby MeShawn » Fri May 27, 2005 10:23 pm

I really wanted to see it, but went to the theater, and it was sold out. So was Star Wars. Meh.

So I saw Kicking and Screaming. Quite possible one of the worst movies I've ever seen. :-t

On the topic of Adam Sandler, they had him on SC this morning and he threw a pretty tight spiral to Chris Mortensen. Doesn't say much, but at least he doesn't throw like a girl. ;-)
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk