Your Native State - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Your Native State

Moderator: Football Moderators

Your Native State

Postby PackerAttack84 » Fri May 27, 2005 4:04 pm

I just thought of this, with the whole Soda, Pop, Coke debate. I am from Wisconsin so obviously we have different things then people down in Texas. Although we all live in the same country, things can be so much different by just traveling a few hundred miles.

How many of you have had brats, and did you like them?

Have any of you heard of a pop called "Sun Drop"? It's similar to Mountain Dew.

Has anybody here been to the Wisconsin Dells?

You all probably have a Dairy Queen somewhere near you, but are there any places that serve custard? Like you remember my thread about Culver's, they serve custard and it's way better then DQ. What do you think of it?

How big is milk around you, at the dinner table is it what you always drink? The milk I drink says on the top "Not For Sale In Illinois." I pretty much have milk with every meal, even at school.

And this is a question for you to tell me, I have heard of Chick-fil-a, but what is it?
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Fri May 27, 2005 4:10 pm

Chick-Fil-A is a fast food restaurant here in the South that serves chicken...

They have grilled or fried chicken sandwiches, nuggets, tenders, salads...And they are very good. A little pricy, but great.

Also has waffle fries. The sandwiches are enormous, and come with pickle slices on them.

They have commercials with cows having signs saying stuff like "Eat More Chickin" and it's spelled wrong..

I think they may be HQ'd in Atlanta, but we have them here in TX..and the restaraunts are closed on Sundays. The employees should have a day of rest too.

And brats are great! And I love pop too. haha.. :-)
Last edited by SwiperNoSwiping on Fri May 27, 2005 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby myintrotoletyouknow » Fri May 27, 2005 4:11 pm

i was born and raised for 18 years in VA but live in Newnan, Georgia now...

heard of Sun Drop but never seen/had it.

you can get custard all over the place in VA/Outer Banks, NC ut havent seen any place in GA yet, custard is definitely the best version of ice cream

i just happen to like milk but dont drink nearly as much as you, at dinner i usually drink Coke

Chick-Fil-A is a fast food place that originated in Atlanta that serves only chicken products. behind wendys its my favorite fast food place, great chicken, they have waffle fries which are really good but they arent open on sundays, oh and the guy who started it lives in Newnan, hes got one of the biggest houses Ive ever seen.
myintrotoletyouknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby terpfan » Fri May 27, 2005 4:22 pm

Chick-fil-a has become huge around here (Maryland)

I drink milk but not at every meal. I'm actually not a big fan of milk (except with cookies!)

I'm sure we have a "custard" place around here somewhere, but not one I frequent...

Never heard of Sun Drop or the Wisconsin Dells.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Re: Your Native State

Postby Goatwhacker » Fri May 27, 2005 5:30 pm

I'm cheating sice I lived In Wisconsin for a while, but:

brats - heck yeah, Johnsonville brats

Sun drop - nope

The Dells - yes, even rode the famous ducks

I work about a block from a Culver's. My favorite custard in Milwaukee was Leon's, with Gilles second.

Milk - drank it growing up, not any more

Chick-fil-A - as above, but it's not just in the South.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Your Native State

Postby kanezfan11 » Fri May 27, 2005 5:43 pm

PackerAttack84 wrote:I just thought of this, with the whole Soda, Pop, Coke debate. I am from Wisconsin so obviously we have different things then people down in Texas. Although we all live in the same country, things can be so much different by just traveling a few hundred miles.

How many of you have had brats, and did you like them?

Have any of you heard of a pop called "Sun Drop"? It's similar to Mountain Dew.

Has anybody here been to the Wisconsin Dells?

You all probably have a Dairy Queen somewhere near you, but are there any places that serve custard? Like you remember my thread about Culver's, they serve custard and it's way better then DQ. What do you think of it?

How big is milk around you, at the dinner table is it what you always drink? The milk I drink says on the top "Not For Sale In Illinois." I pretty much have milk with every meal, even at school.

And this is a question for you to tell me, I have heard of Chick-fil-a, but what is it?

When you say brat do you mean bratwurst? If yes, definitely like it and iff not, never heard of it/them.

Never seen, heard, or had Sun Drop.

Never been to the Wisconsin Dells.

Never seen a place selling custard, I don't even think I've ever had it.

Milk can be big, but not at every meal. Myself, I never drink milk unless it's chocolate milk and that's for breakfast, I just can't drink plain milk - makes me sick and tastes disgusting imo.

Never seen Chick-Fil-A, sounds similar to KFC from what these guys are saying.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby South Park Cows » Fri May 27, 2005 5:47 pm

There's this place in Dallas called "Wild About Harry's" that serves custard. Not bad.

Also, I wouldn't go near white milk if my life depended on it. Now, chocolate milk on the other hand... ;-D
South Park Cows
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby kanezfan11 » Fri May 27, 2005 5:53 pm

South Park Cows wrote:There's this place in Dallas called "Wild About Harry's" that serves custard. Not bad.

Also, I wouldn't go near white milk if my life depended on it. Now, chocolate milk on the other hand... ;-D

Racist. :-)
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri May 27, 2005 6:00 pm

I know Ohio is pretty big on brats as well...I think PA is also, but I have never had them. I'll just take a normal hot dog or kielbasa. Those bratwursts look a little too fat for me. :-P

Never heard of those Wisconsin things.

I doubt there is a Chick-Fil-A within 40 miles of here. The first time I ever saw one was last week when I went to a mall in Butler.

I know Utz chips are indigenous to the Baltimore area...I doubt many have heard of them. I like their cheese balls. :-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri May 27, 2005 6:02 pm

Born in Illinois, live in Wisconsin. Have had brats, they are ok. Never heard of sun drop. Always drinks CHOCOLATE milk with most meals at home. Been to the Dells, but I'm not huge on amusement parks. Custard, yes, Culvers is one of my fav restaraunts, so much better than DQ its crazy. Chick-Fila, there is one that I have ever seen anywhere near here, and I just applied for a job there. (Though I'd prefer a job at the local Game Stop.)
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to General Talk