Your Native State

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Tiki » Tue May 31, 2005 7:13 pm

Truffles cost more then heroin!
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mustangs989 » Tue May 31, 2005 7:31 pm

Goatwhacker wrote:
LT Blue Colt wrote:
Morel mushrooms? This one I'm real curious about. Anyone else got 'em or ever had them?

Morels are really popular here in Eastern Iowa. I know several people who go looking for them. Never tried them, though, I don't care for mushrooms.

Yeah they are fairly popular in the CR area.
BTW nice to see another person from Iowa here at the Cafe ;-D
Mustangs989
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LT Blue Colt » Tue May 31, 2005 8:22 pm

Flockers wrote:
Goatwhacker wrote:
LT Blue Colt wrote:
Morel mushrooms? This one I'm real curious about. Anyone else got 'em or ever had them?

Morels are really popular here in Eastern Iowa. I know several people who go looking for them. Never tried them, though, I don't care for mushrooms.

Yeah, morels are mushrooms that kind of remind me of pine cones. They only can be found for like a week after the first spring rain. They are like $50 a pund too. They grow in the field by my grandparent's field on their farm. We go and pick them and sell them to the supermarket in town.

We made like $1,200 last year off of them.

Must be a little more popular here. We get $400 a pound. And then the restaurants turn around and sell 3 at a time, sliced in half with a little butter, for $12!!! 8-o

Obviously I pick my own. They go good with fish. Mainly trout.
Metroid wrote: I eat Old Spice. :-B

I'm a Lions fan. I'm chuck full of freakin' hope.
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Flockers » Tue May 31, 2005 8:33 pm

LT Blue Colt wrote:
Flockers wrote:
Goatwhacker wrote:
LT Blue Colt wrote:

Yeah, morels are mushrooms that kind of remind me of pine cones. They only can be found for like a week after the first spring rain. They are like $50 a pund too. They grow in the field by my grandparent's field on their farm. We go and pick them and sell them to the supermarket in town.

We made like $1,200 last year off of them.

Must be a little more popular here. We get $400 a pound. And then the restaurants turn around and sell 3 at a time, sliced in half with a little butter, for $12!!! 8-o

Obviously I pick my own. They go good with fish. Mainly trout.

In the area where we pick them, there are a few groves of them. A few families do it near my grandparent's farm, so we sell them cheaper.

I could care less either way, $400 for two days work isn't half bad.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Atog » Tue May 31, 2005 9:09 pm

we got some Custard over here in Michigan, but i'd say that we're the only place around with Pails :-o
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Flockers » Tue May 31, 2005 9:22 pm

I should get this clarified... When everyone says "custard" do they mean custard or frozen custard because there is a difference.

Custard

Frozen Custard
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby PackerAttack84 » Wed Jun 01, 2005 9:45 pm

Flockers wrote:I should get this clarified... When everyone says "custard" do they mean custard or frozen custard because there is a difference.

Custard

Frozen Custard

Frozen Custard.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: Your Native State

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:25 am

PackerAttack84 wrote:How many of you have had brats, and did you like them?

I think I have.... But I'm not 100% sure... I mean a sausage is a sausage is a sausage....

PackerAttack84 wrote:Have any of you heard of a pop called "Sun Drop"? It's similar to Mountain Dew.

Ironically, I never had even heard of that until last weekend when I picked one up in a gas station outside Nashville, while on vacation...

PackerAttack84 wrote:Has anybody here been to the Wisconsin Dells?

I've never been anywhere near Wisconsin....

PackerAttack84 wrote:You all probably have a Dairy Queen somewhere near you, but are there any places that serve custard? Like you remember my thread about Culver's, they serve custard and it's way better then DQ. What do you think of it?

Of course I've heard of custard, but I'm not sure if I've ever had it before... I suppose it's possible, though....

PackerAttack84 wrote:How big is milk around you, at the dinner table is it what you always drink? The milk I drink says on the top "Not For Sale In Illinois." I pretty much have milk with every meal, even at school.

I've never been big on milk, and it has probably been literally 20 years since I drank a glass.... I do put it on my cereal and in my coffee, though.... Course I haven't eaten a bowl of cereal in a decade or so, either.... LOL...

PackerAttack84 wrote:And this is a question for you to tell me, I have heard of Chick-fil-a, but what is it?

Now we're talking about something I am familiar with... I eat Chik-Fil-A at least once a week.... It's a chicken fast food restaurant.... No beef on the menu... Just various kinds of chicken sandwiches, nuggets, strips, etc.... Their sweet tea is awesome, too.... Upside is that, in Tallahassee, Thursday is buy one get one free night on their chicken sandwiches.... Downside is that the founders were highly religious people, so they're closed on Sundays... But, if you bring in your program from Church, they'll give you a nice little discount....

;-D
Last edited by Plindsey88 on Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flockers » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:39 pm

PackerAttack84 wrote:Frozen Custard.

Alright, that's what I was thinking. I'm not a fan of regular custard; I'd rather have a bowl of pudding.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:09 pm

PackerAttack84 wrote:

How big is milk around you, at the dinner table is it what you always drink? The milk I drink says on the top "Not For Sale In Illinois." I pretty much have milk with every meal, even at school.

That's because you backwood redneck Packer fans don't pasteurize your milk up to the high standards of us FIBS! LOL!

(For those outside Illinois or Wisconsin, a FIB is a F*ckin' Illinois Bastard)
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk