What Software to Use??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What Software to Use???

Moderator: Football Moderators

What Software to Use???

Postby stevensquiers » Wed Aug 20, 2003 8:34 am

I have a twelve team league, mostly "Online' since guys are out of state. I'm looking for a software package(CBS Sportsline?) that will allow me to select a weeknight for Roster Moves and transactions. I want to select an order for picking based on overall pts, so the last place team gets first crack, then the second to last, etc.
Is there a software package that will allow me to select the given order for the week, then the teams can go online and do their moves, then allow for the next team to select? If so, do they give a timeframe for each team, such as a number of hours or so?

thanks!

steve
stevensquiers
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby guest » Wed Aug 20, 2003 6:17 pm

I use fanball.com and play in the exit42 leagues. They do all of that and this is the 6th year of our league there. I've never had any issues with them.

Sportsline will also do it all for you, however, we just used them for our baseball league and they were/are horrible. Lot of down time. bad stats. etc. etc.

Yahoo also does it all, but I've never used them. I hear their fantasy baseball is very good.

FYI, what you call that "select an order for picking based on overall pts" is called waiver position. Every site does it that I know of.

Friendliness: %

Postby LTFalcon » Wed Aug 20, 2003 7:02 pm

I've been involved with all of them and Yahoo is the simplest and most direct system I've ever had the luxury of using. If you're looking for no headaches, Yahoo is the way to go. That being said, their waiver system is based on the win-loss record, but ehy include some other criteria such as last transactional moves that I have never been able to fully understand.

Take it for what it's worth.
LTFalcon
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Football Talk