PS3 and XBOX360 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

PS3 and XBOX360

Moderator: Football Moderators

PS3 and XBOX360

Postby A2theIzzo » Mon May 30, 2005 5:23 pm

Not TOO long until these two game consoles come out. Ive seen some trailers for these and they are amazing. Right now to me it looks like PS3 looks a little better.

PS3- http://img.engadget.com/common/images/5608372271648138.JPG?0.7875766901006043
XBOX- http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/screen/36516/Xbox-360/
http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/screen/36515/Xbox-360/

Both look kinda same to me. X box has the Inward console. Ps3 has outward. I heard they can come in different colors though. At just look at that ps3 contoller lol.

One good thing is that the Controllers being Wireless will be standard now. No going out and buying one.

What do yyou guys think?
A2theIzzo
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Vikes_Fan2823 » Mon May 30, 2005 5:34 pm

PS3 controller is really goofy, but they had to change it because some company sued them for using their technology.

I really want the PS3, but I'm a Sony fanboy. I don't really like X-Box, with the exception of Halo. And don't forget about Nintendo!(even though it is very easy too :-b )

*cough* PS2 clone *cough*
16-team PPR Keeper League
QB: T. Romo, V. Young
RB: M. Turner, B. Wells, T. Hightower
WR: A. Johnson, J. Ford, N. Burleson, A. Roberts, J. Simpson
TE: D. Clark, J. Cook
K: R. Gould
D/ST: Cardinals
Vikes_Fan2823
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Mon May 30, 2005 5:39 pm

them forcing us to use wirless controllers is completely bogus. i used a wireless for a year and the thing was a battery eating machine. total crap. :-[
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mercer Boy » Mon May 30, 2005 5:45 pm

Wow...I didn't realize how small the Nintendo system was...if that person's hand and the system is to scale, then it looks like a book that accepts CD's and plays games. 8-o
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby hayesb26 » Mon May 30, 2005 5:45 pm

we do have a video games forum for talk like this...
hayesb26
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby myintrotoletyouknow » Mon May 30, 2005 7:09 pm

Mercer Boy wrote:Wow...I didn't realize how small the Nintendo system was...if that person's hand and the system is to scale, then it looks like a book that accepts CD's and plays games. 8-o

i think its supposed to be the size of 4 or 5 dvd cases stacked on top of each other
myintrotoletyouknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby footballfreak449 » Mon May 30, 2005 7:40 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:them forcing us to use wirless controllers is completely bogus. i used a wireless for a year and the thing was a battery eating machine. total crap. :-[

I concur... it did that until it met an unforunate end with my hardwood floor... }:-)
footballfreak449
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertWeb Supporter

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon May 30, 2005 7:48 pm

Yeah, crappy 3rd party wireless suck. But first party are usually good, if you have used Nintendos wave bird, its excellent. Don't worry. As for how good they look, PS3's videos were all pre-rendered, aka not gameplay. They just didn't say that because they want to perpetuate their lie machine. :-b
The Nintendo systems final design is only supposed to be 3 DVD cases high. Oh, and it will have built in emulators for all the Nintendo legacy systems. Awesome. ;-D
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Tiki » Mon May 30, 2005 8:09 pm

I am waitin' a few years prolly for the PS3 but I might hit up the (worst name ever) Xbox360 ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby myintrotoletyouknow » Mon May 30, 2005 8:31 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:Yeah, crappy 3rd party wireless suck. But first party are usually good, if you have used Nintendos wave bird, its excellent. Don't worry. As for how good they look, PS3's videos were all pre-rendered, aka not gameplay. They just didn't say that because they want to perpetuate their lie machine. :-b
The Nintendo systems final design is only supposed to be 3 DVD cases high. Oh, and it will have built in emulators for all the Nintendo legacy systems. Awesome. ;-D

well theres rumors, killzone(which looked AMAZING) was prerendered, but ive watched 30 some videos of the demos and stuff at E3 and its all real time. check out the thread i made and look at the PS3 tech demo, the ducky demo is pretty sweet and totally all real time.

the xbox 360 is just gonna be crappy compared to the PS3(hardware wise), microsoft doesnt much concern itself with hardware as opposed to software, sony is always big on hardware and concerned less with software(which sometimes get them into trouble). ive read/seen several interviews where the opinion is that game programmers arent gonna be able to utilize the full capabilities of the PS3, its that good. that and the 360 is supposed to be a whole multimedia system, not just a gaming console, as opposed to the PS3. if sony can overcome microsoft in the battle online, the 360 just may go the way of the dreamcast...
myintrotoletyouknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Video Games