PS3 and XBOX360 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

PS3 and XBOX360

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby A2theIzzo » Mon May 30, 2005 8:43 pm

myintrotoletyouknow wrote:
34=Sweetness wrote:Yeah, crappy 3rd party wireless suck. But first party are usually good, if you have used Nintendos wave bird, its excellent. Don't worry. As for how good they look, PS3's videos were all pre-rendered, aka not gameplay. They just didn't say that because they want to perpetuate their lie machine. :-b
The Nintendo systems final design is only supposed to be 3 DVD cases high. Oh, and it will have built in emulators for all the Nintendo legacy systems. Awesome. ;-D

well theres rumors, killzone(which looked AMAZING) was prerendered, but ive watched 30 some videos of the demos and stuff at E3 and its all real time. check out the thread i made and look at the PS3 tech demo, the ducky demo is pretty sweet and totally all real time.

the xbox 360 is just gonna be crappy compared to the PS3(hardware wise), microsoft doesnt much concern itself with hardware as opposed to software, sony is always big on hardware and concerned less with software(which sometimes get them into trouble). ive read/seen several interviews where the opinion is that game programmers arent gonna be able to utilize the full capabilities of the PS3, its that good. that and the 360 is supposed to be a whole multimedia system, not just a gaming console, as opposed to the PS3. if sony can overcome microsoft in the battle online, the 360 just may go the way of the dreamcast...

aw. Dreamcast. I used to have that. :-P
A2theIzzo
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Manja » Mon May 30, 2005 8:47 pm

Sony's online system sucks.. Plain and simple.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Flockers » Mon May 30, 2005 9:14 pm

I could careless, I'm still buying Xbox360.

Side note, I heard sometime back that it was going to be called "Xbox neXt" and there were going to be like 3 different versions of it.

Version 1: For casual gamers, not a lot of memory blocks. No online play. Cheapest.
Version 2: For more serious gamers, more memory, and online play.
Version 3: Basically a computer, IM capabilities, Live built in. Most expensive.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon May 30, 2005 9:21 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:Yeah, crappy 3rd party wireless suck. But first party are usually good, if you have used Nintendos wave bird, its excellent. Don't worry. As for how good they look, PS3's videos were all pre-rendered, aka not gameplay. They just didn't say that because they want to perpetuate their lie machine. :-b
The Nintendo systems final design is only supposed to be 3 DVD cases high. Oh, and it will have built in emulators for all the Nintendo legacy systems. Awesome. ;-D

well theres rumors, killzone(which looked AMAZING) was prerendered, but ive watched 30 some videos of the demos and stuff at E3 and its all real time. check out the thread i made and look at the PS3 tech demo, the ducky demo is pretty sweet and totally all real time.

the xbox 360 is just gonna be crappy compared to the PS3(hardware wise), microsoft doesnt much concern itself with hardware as opposed to software, sony is always big on hardware and concerned less with software(which sometimes get them into trouble). ive read/seen several interviews where the opinion is that game programmers arent gonna be able to utilize the full capabilities of the PS3, its that good. that and the 360 is supposed to be a whole multimedia system, not just a gaming console, as opposed to the PS3. if sony can overcome microsoft in the battle online, the 360 just may go the way of the dreamcast...

No, if you read any of the sites, they discovered that everything PS3 showed was actually all pre-rendered videos. Sony just didn't say that. As for Killzone, the first one sucked. It was a Halo knockoff that failed at knocking off Halo. I wouldn't hold out much hope for the 2nd one.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby myintrotoletyouknow » Mon May 30, 2005 9:51 pm

34=Sweetness wrote:

No, if you read any of the sites, they discovered that everything PS3 showed was actually all pre-rendered videos. Sony just didn't say that. As for Killzone, the first one sucked. It was a Halo knockoff that failed at knocking off Halo. I wouldn't hold out much hope for the 2nd one.

EDIT: i sounded like a total jack ass, anyway id really like to see where everything that sony did was prerendered as i havent seen or heard anything about this and have read just about everything on IGN.com about the PS3 and watched all of G4s coverage of E3, all ive seen is dudes on forums guessing at the fact that everything is prerendered, and even they agree that the tech demos were in real time, which in itself is impressive.
myintrotoletyouknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Manja » Mon May 30, 2005 10:49 pm

Flockers wrote:I could careless, I'm still buying Xbox360.

Side note, I heard sometime back that it was going to be called "Xbox neXt" and there were going to be like 3 different versions of it.

Version 1: For casual gamers, not a lot of memory blocks. No online play. Cheapest.
Version 2: For more serious gamers, more memory, and online play.
Version 3: Basically a computer, IM capabilities, Live built in. Most expensive.

Yeah.. Xenon and Xbox Next were the working titles.

And actually... Version 1 was basically a more powerful Xbox,
then version two was Xbox in HD. And yeah, the last one was a freaking amazing computer.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby 34=Sweetness » Tue May 31, 2005 3:29 pm

Nvidia (company making graphics chip for Sony) confirms they were all tech demos, as they are not even finished with the chip yet. :-b
http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/defaul ... ionid=1585

Gamesradar wrote:- demos cannot be real

PlayStation 3's GPU (graphics processing unit) has yet to be finished, according to nVidia's chief financial officer Mary Burkett.

Burkett, speaking at the recent JP Morgan Technology Conference in San Francisco, explained that the chip - currently codenamed RSX - is still in production. As such, it couldn't have been used to generate any of Sony's supposed realtime PS3 tech demos that were shown at the company's pre-E3 conference last week.

Despite this revelation, Burkett did concede that nVidia had been working with other chips similar in power to RSX and therefore the final PS3 hardware may be able to achieve the sort of results seen at the event.

Still, while there is a possibility PS3 will deliver the graphical quality promised at the show, we won't know for sure until the company is in the position to show finished code.

The net has been rife with debate over the authenticity of Sony's jaw-dropping exhibition ever since the first PS3 shots and movies started to circulate, with many suggesting that the footage shown was simply a collection of elaborate and highly flattering mock-up demonstrations designed to scupper Microsoft's Xbox 360 unveiling, which took place just hours after Sony's do.

Microsoft isn't entirely faultless either, however, with playable demo units on the E3 show floor - which at face value appeared to be running on the displayed Xbox 360s - in fact, being powered by Apple G5s and Xenon development units behind the scenes.

Tut. Bad Microsoft; bad Sony.

In the end, the main lesson is trust no one. :-D
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Re: PS3 and XBOX360

Postby loosechange75 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:26 pm

A2theIzzo wrote:Not TOO long until these two game consoles come out. Ive seen some trailers for these and they are amazing. Right now to me it looks like PS3 looks a little better.

PS3- http://img.engadget.com/common/images/5608372271648138.JPG?0.7875766901006043
XBOX- http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/screen/36516/Xbox-360/
http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/screen/36515/Xbox-360/

Both look kinda same to me. X box has the Inward console. Ps3 has outward. I heard they can come in different colors though. At just look at that ps3 contoller lol.

One good thing is that the Controllers being Wireless will be standard now. No going out and buying one.

What do yyou guys think?

personaaly wireless controllers in the past for me have been a nag they better make them better and i cant wait to play madden on 360
loosechange75
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Re: PS3 and XBOX360

Postby loosechange75 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:27 pm

A2theIzzo wrote:Not TOO long until these two game consoles come out. Ive seen some trailers for these and they are amazing. Right now to me it looks like PS3 looks a little better.

PS3- http://img.engadget.com/common/images/5608372271648138.JPG?0.7875766901006043
XBOX- http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/screen/36516/Xbox-360/
http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/screen/36515/Xbox-360/

Both look kinda same to me. X box has the Inward console. Ps3 has outward. I heard they can come in different colors though. At just look at that ps3 contoller lol.

One good thing is that the Controllers being Wireless will be standard now. No going out and buying one.

What do yyou guys think?
loosechange75
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Previous

Return to Video Games