Runaway Bride Agrees to Pay Part of the $ Back - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Runaway Bride Agrees to Pay Part of the $ Back

Moderator: Football Moderators

Runaway Bride Agrees to Pay Part of the $ Back

Postby airraid81 » Tue May 31, 2005 7:46 pm

Runaway bride agrees to pay part of search costs
POSTED: Tuesday, May 31, 2005 12:44:35 PM
UPDATED: Tuesday, May 31, 2005 12:44:35 PM

ATLANTA -- A runaway Georgia bride has agreed to pay some of the money that was spent looking for her last month. Local officials will likely look to taxpayers for the rest.

The mayor of Duluth, Georgia says she’s expecting a check for just over $13,000 from Jennifer Wilbanks Tuesday.

That still leaves the city with about $30,000 in costs incurred during the four-day search for Wilbanks, who vanished before her lavish wedding ceremony. She has since been indicted on charges of making a false statement and making a false police report.

The mayor says she’s “very appreciative” for the expected payment. She adds that the city would “certainly” have welcomed the entire amount, but people seem ready “to get this behind us."
NFL=No Fun Leauge
NFL=No Farting League
NFL=Nude Freaks League
NFL=Nothing For Losers
NFL=Non-Fierce Lions (Det)
NFL=Nat'l Frog League
Him name is Hopkin Green, where is he?!
airraid81
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby PackerAttack84 » Tue May 31, 2005 8:40 pm

Kind of like the Audrey Sealer case here in Madison back in 2004, she hid out in the woods for like a week while people thought some sick person kidnapped her. I know it cost Madison way more hten $30,000, at least she's paying the City of Duluth back.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:00 am

I really don't feel sorry for this guy at all though. He's lucky, the woman actually revealed her craziness before they were married.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:40 am

VHawk15 wrote:I really don't feel sorry for this guy at all though. He's lucky, the woman actually revealed her craziness before they were married.

I never looked at it from that perspective. :-?
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:22 am

Yeah this whole thing is screwed up. Has the groom to be ever come out and lashed at her publically? Probably pretty classy if he didn't...But somehow, I would like to think the wedding is officially off now.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby myintrotoletyouknow » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:03 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Yeah this whole thing is screwed up. Has the groom to be ever come out and lashed at her publically? Probably pretty classy if he didn't...But somehow, I would like to think the wedding is officially off now.

no i think he played it pretty cool, i got a lot of interviews, being from atlanta, and i dont think i remember him flipping out or anything in the ones i saw
myintrotoletyouknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby airraid81 » Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:57 pm

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:Yeah this whole thing is screwed up. Has the groom to be ever come out and lashed at her publically? Probably pretty classy if he didn't...But somehow, I would like to think the wedding is officially off now.

Aparently the groom is just as crazy as the wife. He says that they will go on with the wedding as planned.
NFL=No Fun Leauge
NFL=No Farting League
NFL=Nude Freaks League
NFL=Nothing For Losers
NFL=Non-Fierce Lions (Det)
NFL=Nat'l Frog League
Him name is Hopkin Green, where is he?!
airraid81
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:00 pm

airraid81 wrote:

Aparently the groom is just as crazy as the wife. He says that they will go on with the wedding as planned.

Really.. :-o Wow this one just screams out Divorce Court at me. Jeez. Well, good luck to them.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to General Talk