http://www.big-boys.com/articles/schoolbusfight.html
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Charlie24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canacuna » Tue May 31, 2005 10:09 pm

Eh, looks the driver and the kids need some therapy.

The driver asked a kid to put on his seat-belt (buses have seat-belts?) and the kid called him a mother-f...er. The driver definitely handled things the wrong way, but still... those kids were no angels.

I think I read that the driver was charged with a misdemeanor battery, and the kids were charged with assault on a school official.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Tiki » Tue May 31, 2005 10:25 pm

Damn man that messed up, but that kid was being a little brat! The bus driver should not have hit him or grab him by the neck. But sometimes kids need to get checked, I would say more by other kids not adults.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby A2theIzzo » Tue May 31, 2005 10:29 pm

Another crazy video, are these real, im beggining to think these are acted..
A2theIzzo
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby kanezfan11 » Tue May 31, 2005 10:44 pm

Already seen this video on a few different sites, it's annoying when that blonde kid steps in front of the camera but towards the left side you can see like the kid windmilling his arm all the way around into the drivers face, pretty nasty. I laughed when the kid at the end was like "what, what, try me, try me, I'll knock those glasses right off your face." It's wrong but it was funny seeing that kid think he's tough. In the beginning part it was also funny hearing a kid in the background go, "you're in trouuuuubllllleeeeeee." :-b

Friggin' kids... ;-7
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue May 31, 2005 11:05 pm

WTF 8-o

i mean i know sometimes you wish you could slap around some punk kid that mouths off to you...but in the real world....common sense is you dont actually do it. that bus driver outweighed that kid by about 150 pounds i bet. pretty lame of him to lose his cool.

he is the adult..the kid is a kid. the adult should know better, period.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ljthockey » Tue May 31, 2005 11:51 pm

Crazy.

I remember when we were misbehaving back in middleschool are bus driver would just pull over and wait till we stopped then if we were to "bad" she would drive us all the way back to our middlse school (15min drive) and we would have to be lectured by the dean. And to think I used to think that was bad.
[b][color=red]You have just read a Ljthockey© post[/color][/b]

ljthockey
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:13 am

I think for punishment the school board should send him to Compton to be a bus driver for one week. We'll see who's the motherfu**** then.

Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:01 am

Bah, topics like these send me into rant mode...and they are long. I'm going to look like a isolationist, return to the 50s wacko after this... :-o

A2theIzzo wrote:Another crazy video, are these real, im beggining to think these are acted..

I'll guarantee you they are real. Kids do whatever they want these days. None of them respect adults anymore, and adults snap at the slightest annoyances.

ljthockey wrote:Crazy.

I remember when we were misbehaving back in middleschool are bus driver would just pull over and wait till we stopped then if we were to "bad" she would drive us all the way back to our middlse school (15min drive) and we would have to be lectured by the dean. And to think I used to think that was bad.

"Back in the day" that kid would have gotten his butt beat down for about 2 straight minutes by a principal. Now you can't do it because the only people allowed to discipline the kid are their parents. Of course, all the parent can say is "don't do that again" because the kid will scream child abuse (where'd they pick that up from? :-?).

Today's society has really set kids up for a fall...it's a multitude of things that has really made it tough to control kids. News outlets, video games, psychologists, movies, music...and of course, parental guidance and family structure (meaning too many divorces, "accidental" kids, and immature adults).

All of this stuff has happened for years and years, but you'd never hear about it before. 40 years ago, you knew what happened in your general area only. In today's media-driven world, you know about every child that has disappeared or weird murderer or odd news story 5 minutes after it happens. The Internet and the news outlets pump it out as fast as they get it. The sad thing is that sometimes they use these terrible stories and the appearance of the victims/bad guys (whether it be cute or scary or whatever) to get ratings and money for their station and their advertisers. Sure, they can do it in the name of news, which is fine - but it seems that they blow the stories out of proportion and flood you with it for weeks like it's the first time it's ever happened and everyone should do something about it.

I know we have a lot of young people here, but I think it's actually pretty terrible to let someone under the age of 16 listen to almost any rock/rap music on the radio, especially what is considered to be the "pop" music of this time period. Some of the most popular songs in rock/rap music and video games right now talk about/deal with having sex, shooting someone, doing drugs, being in a gang - which has been done for decades...but, they come right out and say that's what their doing, and they make it sound it like it's the right thing to do. It isn't like the old days of TV or music where a person sang about sex or drugs, but they didn't actually say what they meant in the song or on the show. It actually made a TV show more funny to know the hidden meaning of something and not say it then to just blatantly say it.

Kids absorb everything they see - especially if they see adults doing it. Smoking, drinking, beating, killing, sexual situations, all that stuff...it just gets passed on. Add onto this the idea that kids know that this stuff is "illegal," and it just makes it more appealing.

Someone I work with says that the girls on that Jamie Lynn Spears show on Nickelodeon (the kids network?) dress pretty scantily...and they are like 13!?!? Of course because of this, girls emulate what the "cool" kids are doing on TV. Why do you need to do that when you are 13? Lord knows boys don't need any more help in seeing girls as sex objects by the time they hit that age. The same guy says that he has to walk with blinders on at the school because of the way the girls look there (hearken back to my YMCA encounter :-o). Fashion cycles, but I really don't think this current fashion trend will ever go out of style. Girls realize that they grab attention from guys because of the way they look pretty fast.

This brings me to my next point. Kids are acting like adults way too early these days. They try to make adult decisions when they don't have enough knowledge or common sense to realize what they are doing is wrong. I think it's always been this way, but normally kids are put in check because they know that their parents would lay down the law on them if they disobeyed. If the parents don't care or let them do whatever, then they just hit the adult stage before they mature. It doesn't help that they are left with little or no supervision for longer periods of time in today's world.

I am not a parent, but I am really afraid to be one these days. All of you guys that are parents have the ability to shape the mind of a person, and I am pretty sure that all of you want to do all you can to help the child grow up right. I just wish that everyone would do it. There are always exceptions (kid has mental problems, bad living conditions, etc.), but it seems like kids are just not respecting older people anymore...not even their parents.

I wish I knew how to fix it, but the best advice I would have is that people in a relationship know that the person they choose to marry is the right person and is someone that they will stay with their whole life. That way when they become parents their child has a better chance to learn and grow in a good family unit where the parents teach them right and don't argue amongst themselves or get divorced which can screw up the kid right off the bat.

Of course, what do I know...as most of you are aware, I've never even kissed a girl before. It all sounds good in principle, but when you're faced with choosing someone to marry, I'm sure it's a lot harder. !+)

Hope I didn't discourage anyone (especially you guys that just started the marriage process :-/) with that rant.
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:23 am

Mercer Boy wrote:Hope I didn't discourage anyone (especially you guys that just started the marriage process :-/) with that rant.

8-o
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk