Postby JayM09 » Tue Sep 24, 2002 7:38 pm

Here is my roster.
qb- Brooks, Couch
rb- dillon, tiki, jamal lewis, barlow
wr- owens, moulds, troy brown, conway, stallworth
te- shockey
k- vinatieri
d- chicago

These guys are on waivers, should I try and pick them up or leave my roster as is. Eddie george, driver, freeman, patten, pinkston, mccaffrey,and A. Davis

I am 3-0 and last in the waiver order but I am obviously trying to get george. Other than that do you think I should pick up any wr. I am tempted but dont want to screw my roster up. let me know what you guys think.
Last edited by JayM09 on Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby a1doug182 » Tue Sep 24, 2002 8:20 pm

You must be in a league with a lot of dead teams or dead owners. I would consider Driver over Stallworth. I know Dante' has big play potentuial but he is behind Horn an competes with Pathon for #2, Driver is fastly becoming Favre's favorite target and is showing some consistensy.
a1doug182
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby terpfan » Tue Sep 24, 2002 8:22 pm

come again? eddie george???

uhhh... yeah, pick him up.

other than that u should leave ur team alone.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Sep 24, 2002 8:52 pm

Agreed with terp,get George.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby JayM09 » Tue Sep 24, 2002 8:56 pm

I hope I can, but like i said i have the last waiver pick so i doubt he will be there, but you never know.
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SiouxCitySavages » Wed Sep 25, 2002 3:30 am

How the hell is Eddie George a FA, let me know how I can get in your league next year. My goodness.
SiouxCitySavages
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby JayM09 » Wed Sep 25, 2002 5:21 am

I guess it's my lucky day, cause not only did I get eddie george but someone just dropped stephen davis. Of course I will try and get him too but now I am not sure who to drop for him. give me some suggestions. oh by the way my roster is still the same with the exception of barlow for george. Thanks
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Postby DraftDodger » Wed Sep 25, 2002 12:06 pm

To get Davis I would drop Lewis ... he isn't part of a high powered offense like the other players.

Driver is obviously a good pickup but less obvious is who should drop.

Conway has scored the most fantasy points of the bunch but has done so as a bottom feeder, getting his points against Cinci and Houston. I think he will continue to be a very good receiver but some D's are going to sack Brees 10 times and blanket Conway.

Owens is having the worst season but simply rates too high to drop into the free agent pool. With all of your other talent, I would try trading him for an upgrade at RB and Defense (the Bears IMHO are not going to be a good fantasy defense this year in the nfl.com type of league, which favors interceptions for TDs and ST TDs). This kind of trade would make your team about as good as you can hope to make it, unless dimwits in your league keep dropping the likes of George and Davis into the free agent pool.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Return to Football Talk