Cafe June Player Rankings: RB's (Part 2 of 5) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cafe June Player Rankings: RB's (Part 2 of 5)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby J2thez929 » Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:25 pm

A2theIzzo wrote:Lee suggs should be a little bit higher.

Why? I mean he is a very talented back but he's injury prone and until Romeo makes it official and we see him get 20 + carries a game, there is still RBBC fear from the fantasy standpoint.
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby RayVins » Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:26 pm

its amazing to me that you guys are supposed to make educated guesses and you still overrate mcgahee...
"You guys have no clue how crazy hyper and dru nk (filter) I can be AT THE SAME TIME."
-mtryanks12
RayVins
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby A2theIzzo » Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:01 pm

J2thez929 wrote:
A2theIzzo wrote:Lee suggs should be a little bit higher.

Why? I mean he is a very talented back but he's injury prone and until Romeo makes it official and we see him get 20 + carries a game, there is still RBBC fear from the fantasy standpoint.

Hey, i never noticed you in the Cafe. Are you made because i have a name like urs? lol

Just playin. :-b
A2theIzzo
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Mon Jun 06, 2005 12:03 pm

RayVins wrote:its amazing to me that you guys are supposed to make educated guesses and you still overrate mcgahee...

...and your reason for that comment is what?
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby tanner » Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:43 pm

why does Kevin Jones not get any love in here, being ranked #13?? he led the league in rushing over the final 8 games of 2004. He's a beast.he should be ranked at least a half-dozen spots higher, to #7, or certainly a top 10 guy..I'd take him over Dom Davis in a heartbeat.
Davis averaged a mere 3.9 per carry last year. He's still a big time injury risk, and is ranked far to high for me.
Clinton Portis is another one like Kevin Jones that is ranked far to low. 1315 rushing yards in his first year on a new team, with a new coaching staff, new blocking schemes AND Mark Brunell? he did very well , considering..and now Gibbs changed all the offensive blocking schemes to be a mirror of what Denver used, i.e, zone blocking..they're also using the shotgun in minicamp..and Patrick Ramsey had the highest completion % over the last 6 weeks of 2004 season. Lets not forget he plays in his old stomping ground this year - the AFC West..plus games against the weak Bears, Niners, Rams, Cardinals, Bucs defenses..
I'd put Portis in the top 5. I'd also take Priest Holmes out of the top 5, maybe the top 10. He's missed significant portions of each of the past 2 seasons due to injury. He's also going to be 32 in October. And, Larry Johnson is waiting in the wings...
I also think Rudi Johnson is too low..he set Cincy's single season rush record ( besting Dillon's previous record) behind a virtual rookie qb in Carson Palmer. he still managed 1454 yards rushing.
the Bengals averaged 28 pts over the final 4 games of 2004. that should spill over to 2005..
tanner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby davidmarver » Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:31 pm

Portis won't get any love from me for several reasons. The Redskins brought in another new quarterback this offseason, meaning more confusion in an already hapless offense. Take away Laveraneus Coles (even though they brought in Moss) and there's even more problems.

Besides, with the possiblility Taylor may miss some of the season, you're looking at a worse defense, meaning the offense won't have as good field position or have the ball as often. They'll also have to play more catchup meaning less carries.

Nothing points in Portis' favor this season. I'd stay away. :-t
davidmarver
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Azrael » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:27 pm

Domanick Davis averaged around 20pts per game his last 9 games while Kevin Jones didn't. Jones also beat up on Arizona, GB, Minnesota, and Chicago right in a row to make his stats look better. Davis did too but he also produced against good defenses like SD, Jax, and Denver. Davis will also consistently have 40-50 yards receiving per game, an additional 4-5pts.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby footballfreak449 » Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:43 am

Good Job Guys ;-D ;-D ;-D
footballfreak449
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertWeb Supporter

Postby tanner » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:53 am

Portis gets no love either , huh? lol..brought in a new qb? who, Campbell?? he's a backup.Ramsey looked good towards the end of 2004. Moss is better than Coles in that Coles wanted out of Washington..Moss wanted out of NY..they'll both play well for their new teams. Skins just signed Dyson too..better than Rod Gardner..Portis averaged 92 yards per game in december..his 3 yr avg is 4.9 per carry..if he gets the same 343 carries this year that he had in '04, he's rushing for 1680 yards.
I look at it this way, the Skins CAN'T be worse than last year, can they? heck no. do not discout the fact that they play the entire nfc west, never known for good run defenses. he's going to shred that division..big time! they also play seattle, st louis , Frisco, and arizona! jeez, how easy can it get for him?!?!
as for Dom Davis, he failed to rush for a meager 71 yards in 7 games!! his stats are all screwed up..he ran for a measley 31 yards v. minnesota in week 4, 12 yards against kc in week 3, 71 vs denvers pathetic defense in week 7..you talk about Jones banging up the Packers to pad his stats? Davis rushed for 65 yards v. GB, or 3.1 per carry ( 21 carries). Davis is good, don't get me wrong..I think he's alittle high on that list, thats all..
Jones led the league in rushing the entire second half..not 1 or 2 games, the entire league over 8 games. thats huge! and he was a rookie..all I'm saying is he belongs in the top 10. might be splitting hairs, he was at #12..
we'll see, but my money says Portis finishes in the top 5 for rb's..EASILY...
tanner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby davidmarver » Tue Jun 07, 2005 5:07 pm

tanner wrote:Portis gets no love either , huh? lol..brought in a new qb? who, Campbell?? he's a backup.Ramsey looked good towards the end of 2004. Moss is better than Coles in that Coles wanted out of Washington..Moss wanted out of NY..they'll both play well for their new teams. Skins just signed Dyson too..better than Rod Gardner..Portis averaged 92 yards per game in december..his 3 yr avg is 4.9 per carry..if he gets the same 343 carries this year that he had in '04, he's rushing for 1680 yards.
I look at it this way, the Skins CAN'T be worse than last year, can they? heck no. do not discout the fact that they play the entire nfc west, never known for good run defenses. he's going to shred that division..big time! they also play seattle, st louis , Frisco, and arizona! jeez, how easy can it get for him?!?!
as for Dom Davis, he failed to rush for a meager 71 yards in 7 games!! his stats are all screwed up..he ran for a measley 31 yards v. minnesota in week 4, 12 yards against kc in week 3, 71 vs denvers pathetic defense in week 7..you talk about Jones banging up the Packers to pad his stats? Davis rushed for 65 yards v. GB, or 3.1 per carry ( 21 carries). Davis is good, don't get me wrong..I think he's alittle high on that list, thats all..
Jones led the league in rushing the entire second half..not 1 or 2 games, the entire league over 8 games. thats huge! and he was a rookie..all I'm saying is he belongs in the top 10. might be splitting hairs, he was at #12..
we'll see, but my money says Portis finishes in the top 5 for rb's..EASILY...

I don't see how the Skins got better in the offseason. They may have a better end result, but collectively, I don't like their offseason.

And using Portis' three year yards/carry average is insane. He played in Denver for two of those years; Denver's running game inflates everyone's numbers.

And don't discount the NFC East. Dallas and NYG got irrefutedly better this offseason, especially Dallas on defense. If their defense takes any sort of resemblence to their 2003 form (which is more likely than Portis taking his 2003 form) than that's another two games not in his favor.
davidmarver
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk