Summoning Sickness? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Summoning Sickness?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Summoning Sickness?

Postby nebbie2004 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:06 am

Man Claims UFOs Will Soon Appear Over Las Vegas
Souce: KVBC.com

Our newsroom gets dozens of press releases every day from people who think they've got a good story for us. But we've never seen a "media alert" quite like this one. It says: "Beginning next week, spaceships will appear overLas Vegas," summoned on-demand by a man who claims he's in touch with an alien power. News 3's Steve Crupi reports.

This sounds strangely reminiscent of "The Amazing Kreskin." Thee years ago Kreskin got worldwide attention when he predicted that UFO's would appear over Las Vegas . But no surprise, it turned out to be a publicity hoax. Now, we have a man who calls himself a prophet, predicting alien activity, and he swears this is no hoax.

From the driveway of his downtown apartment, Ramon Watkins is waiting for UFOs. "There are spaceships right now, parked around the planet." On his web site, he goes by the name Prophet Yahweh and says the existence of extraterrestrial life will soon become obvious to everyone. "I know you guys are skeptical, and I don't blame you man." He has a computer filled with home videos that he claims prove his power to summon strange objects in the sky. And he says within the next 45 days something big is coming. "At least one of those days a gigantic spaceship is to set up over Las Vegas for a day and a half."

Watkins tried to give us a demonstration of his abilities, but we watched and waited, and all we saw was an airplane.

"We tried, it's a no-show."

Watkins says the aliens won't attack us the way they do in the movies, but he says their intentions are anything but friendly. "And they're here, to take over, it's just that simple."

"Should people be taking shelter and running away from Las Vegas if the ships are coming?"

Kreskin got it wrong three years ago; Prophet Yahweh says stay tuned, he is on a mission to prove all skeptics wrong. Ramon Watkins says he will be discussing his UFO prediction at length when he appears as a guest on Coast-To-Coast, a radio talk show, Friday night.
nebbie2004 Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:27 am

They sure will...

I'll be there in 3 weeks. Seriously. ;-D

I'm an Undeniably Freaky Organism. :-b
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:31 am

Prophet Yahweh. Yeah, very original. I'm sure Jesus is rolling His eyes right now.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:05 am

If they do come I hope they go straight for that dude's apartment and probe him like they're stuffing a thanksgiving day turkey in front of his tie-dye window shade linens and the hay-zeus candles and prolly about a pound and a half of pot on his glass table.

yay for run on sentences.

it's late.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 34=Sweetness » Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:44 am

So they would come here to conquer us, but for some reason they would go to Las Vegas, and not Washington DC or New York, where the UN is. Even the aliens don't respect the UN as an authority. :-D
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby myintrotoletyouknow » Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:14 am

guy sounds like a wack job to me...

is that a reference to magic the gathering in your title nebbie?
myintrotoletyouknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:48 am

awwchrist wrote:If they do come I hope they go straight for that dude's apartment and probe him like they're stuffing a thanksgiving day turkey in front of his tie-dye window shade linens and the hay-zeus candles and prolly about a pound and a half of pot on his glass table.

yay for run on sentences.

it's late.

Classic! ;-D

This is my favorite part. The nonchalance is underwhelming.

it's late.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:55 am

Isn't there a movie coming out soon where aliens come to conquer the planet?

Maybe the aliens got their idea from spielberger, who got his idea from HG Wells who got his idea from . . .
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mtryanks12 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:08 pm

sure, liek anyone would believe this. And it will be "supposed to happen" on the day War of the Worlds comes out. :-t
mtryanks12
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby kanezfan11 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:29 pm

The only person I will never believe bullcrap from is John Edward (I despise this guy), so I'll wait to see the headlines on this before I make a conclusion. That guy must be starving for attention, I love how the media and newstations give into it.
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Return to General Talk