Cafe June Player Rankings: WR (Part 3 of 5) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cafe June Player Rankings: WR (Part 3 of 5)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby J2thez929 » Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:18 pm

The list turned out kinda how I expected it too. The one thing that does jump out at me is Clayton 12.71. I didn't know everyone was so high on this guy. I mean I had him at 20th. I would much rather have Steve Smith, D-Jax, or Boldin over him. I guess that's just me though
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canacuna » Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:48 pm

Clayton was very consistant last year... the only thing I'm worried for him is the Brian Griese-factor. Would any of you put money on him repeating last season's success? He looked great last year - and maybe he's just one of those guys that gets better with age - but based on his history, I'm not overly confident. I still have Clayton ranked pretty high (not that high), but I wouldn't be comfortable with him as my #1 WR.

I'm kind of surprised Hines Ward is ranked so highly too. I have him fairly high, but I thought more people would be turned off by how he pretty much disappeared when Big Ben took over for Tommy Maddox. With Plax gone, hopefully Hines will get more looks and resume being the stud he'd always been (who else could he even throw to?)... I was just hopin' I'd be able to land him a lot cheaper this year.

There's some other guys I'd move around quite a bit, but since all my leagues are Cafe-leagues, I'll keep it on the down-low.
'CUNA-MANIA IS RUNNING WILD!
"You will be a king here, instead of a peasant at the Cafe."
Canacuna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby davidmarver » Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:23 pm

Canacuna wrote:I'm kind of surprised Hines Ward is ranked so highly too. I have him fairly high, but I thought more people would be turned off by how he pretty much disappeared when Big Ben took over for Tommy Maddox. With Plax gone, hopefully Hines will get more looks and resume being the stud he'd always been (who else could he even throw to?)... I was just hopin' I'd be able to land him a lot cheaper this year.

I think, bigger than Plaxico's departure, is my belief that the running game in Pittsburgh won't be as surprisingly good as it was last season. That would force the Steelers to have to throw the football more, so you're really looking at a more balanced attack this season in comparison to last season. Heath Miller may steal a few touchdowns from Hines as will Antwaan Randle El and Cedrick Wilson, but not to the extent that Plaxico had. I think he'll post 1200, 10-12, which is what he did in 02 and 03. I had him lowest of any of the rankers, but I do think he is a top fifteen reciever.
davidmarver
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Cafe June Player Rankings: WR (Part 3 of 5)

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:32 pm

nebbie2004 wrote:
JUST MISSED:
49.57 Koren Robinson, SEA 51 51 49 43 51 51 51
Enjoy! B-) [/b]

I'd say
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:04 pm

I like most of it. A coupla moves I'd make though--but my lips are zipped ;-D
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby PackerAttack84 » Sun Jun 05, 2005 7:54 pm

VaderFin wrote:Two things immediately jump out at me

1. Muhammad was the #1 fantasy receiver last year and he ranks 22nd??? Now I sure won't have him ranked #1 but come on...22?

2. Michael Clayton at 11? I wouldn't pick him there in a million years.

You have to look who is ahead of him, I would much rather have Drew Bennett, Larry Fitzgerald, or even Lee Evans ahead of Muhsin. (I'll address #2 below.)

J2thez929 wrote:The list turned out kinda how I expected it too. The one thing that does jump out at me is Clayton 12.71. I didn't know everyone was so high on this guy. I mean I had him at 20th. I would much rather have Steve Smith, D-Jax, or Boldin over him. I guess that's just me though

I respect your view, but you have to remember there are also nice questions with the 3 guys you mentioned. Smith missed all of last year, Jackson drops way too many passes and Boldin was hurt and doesn't have a solid quarterback.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:39 am

Nice list. Obviously not everyone agrees - however - there is one that really sticks out to me: Troy Williamson. This list has him rated higher than both MRobinson and TTaylor - even though both of those guys are ahead of him in the depth chart.

Too funny - a prime example of rookie hype. :-b
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:43 am

VaderFin wrote:Two things immediately jump out at me

1. Muhammad was the #1 fantasy receiver last year and he ranks 22nd??? Now I sure won't have him ranked #1 but come on...22?

2. Michael Clayton at 11? I wouldn't pick him there in a million years.

You would pick Muhammed over Clayton?

Ummmm.....

Muhammed was a product of Jake Delhomme's emerging into his own.... Just like Steve Smith was the year before.... Muhammed is 187 years old, though, and now inherits Rex Grossman at QB... A FAR cry from Jake Delhomme.....

Clayton was the most studly rookie WR last year.... Nearly 1200 yards and 7 TD's.... Better than Andre Johnson...

And that was his rookie year.... If he's not top 15, then who is?

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby davidmarver » Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:12 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Nice list. Obviously not everyone agrees - however - there is one that really sticks out to me: Troy Williamson. This list has him rated higher than both MRobinson and TTaylor - even though both of those guys are ahead of him in the depth chart.

Too funny - a prime example of rookie hype. :-b

I think it's more rookie promise or rookie potential than it is actual hype. I think most people realize that Taylor and Robinson's potential isn't that great so Williamson becomes the second best reciever to have in that offense.
davidmarver
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby maddog60 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:42 pm

I think Burleson is too high, and Chambers a bit too low.

Ward will rebound, and be a steal in my opinion. The Steelers will not go 15-1 again, and of course when you want to eat up the clock with a rookie QB under center, you run up the gut with Bettis 3 out of every 4 plays, especially when he's getting 4-5 yards tearing up the defense. This year, it they won't win all the games, and Big Ben will throw. Ward will be 6-8th WR in leagues counting receptions, probably just top 10 in all others.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk