Cafe June Player Rankings: WR (Part 3 of 5) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cafe June Player Rankings: WR (Part 3 of 5)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Rankings

Postby MadScott » Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:06 pm

Daddymike59 wrote:No love for Coles slaw? He's basically Chads only option unless Justin breaks out this year. I like him higher than both Arizona recvs just because of the q/b situation. I also think Muhammad would not have had NEAR those numbers had Smith not gone down early. Other than that Great Job Fellas. Thanks

I don't think he's the only option at all. McCareins should definitely be better utilized this year in that revamped offense. Also, don't forget that Cotchery is there and should see more time this season. They also traded for Doug Jolley who will give them a legit TE threat for the first time in a long time. Add to that there's still a lot of speculation that Coles has a chronic condition in his foot that causes him tremendous pain and hampers his ability to play and I think he's a pretty average WR option.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby tanner » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:05 am

Decent list..not bad!
Muhammad is way to low, however. Even Marty Booker caught 100 balls a few years ago in Chicago.
finally someone puts Harrison in his place! he's no longer a #1,2,3 WR..of the final 8 games of 2004, he averaged 5 catches per game. He's become an average joe with short, 3-yard tds..
I'd consider dropping him even further..the Colts play a tough schedule in '05..he ain't what he used to be!
Andre Johnson at #7 is interesting. I understand the theory-he's a 3rd year wr with bazling speed and great hands and so forth.

but check his #'s from last year..funny, but he and Rod Smith had absolutely identical stats..now I know he's ranked #7 because of the
potential he has to be a dominant wr, but David Carr took a HUGE step backwards last year, and looks completely befuddled. I'm not so quick to say that Carr has improved that much to the point that I'd rank Andre Johnson #7..
Believe me, AJ would be another T.O....if only he played with a competent coaching staff and able-minded QB..Lets face it, Chris Palmer ( offensive coordinator) hasn't done squat in the NFL the past 8 years or so..the Browns were pathetic under him. Houston's offense is pathetic , too..I've watched Houston play every week the past 2 years, I had AJ on my fantasy roster. Carr
is pathetic. he's worse than Joey Harrington..I just don't see him improving all that much.

I tend to think Nate Burleson, certainly Reggie Wayne and at least Steve Smith should be ranked higher. Johnson has no one on the other side freeing him up from double coverage either.
tanner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:02 pm

Tanner, I don't think Harrison's numbers dropping so much the last few games last year was a reflection of him and his age and not being a top WR anymore. He still had pver 1000 yds, and 15 tds. Clearly a top WR.

The last few games last year they rested Manning a bit. Sorgi played the last game and Marvin still had the most grabs. Wayne had 90yds, but a 70 yd TD.

Against SD, Marv had 5 for 111..That's a good game.

The week before 70+ yds and a TD (against Baltimore a stellar defense)

I am not going to go back much further, but if you think Marvin is not a top 3 WR after ANOTHER year like he had last year, I disagree completely.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby nebbie2004 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:49 pm

Please Lock this thread, Moderator, Complete rankings here:

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=135322

Thanks, Nebbie.
nebbie2004 Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Previous

Return to Football Talk