Official - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Official

Moderator: Football Moderators

Official

Postby mutantseabass » Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:42 am

Its official, i have quit my job. After i had my accident a few months ago i had this thought of quitting my job and spending more time with my kids.Went back into the office one day to grab a few books that i have in there to find my office was moved. Immediately went to my boss and told him he could consider my last two weeks of vacation that i was using my notice. I was offered a raise to stay, but after having the last 2 months off and being able to spend time with my kids the money no longer mattered to me. I just got back from our cottage, went fishing, played on the beach and got to spend some quality time with my kids! My cast is off and my ribs and headaches have healed and gone away, the only thing left from the accident is an awakening of my senses and i finally after 35 years have realized theres more to life than money.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:32 am

Well, congratulations on your decision. ;-D If you have no major money problems, then you will surely enjoy it. Sounds like you have some great priorities, and your kids will love to spend time with you.

Plus you could spend more time here too maybe!?!? :-)
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:38 am

you gotta have some form of income, right - you cant just retire at 35 can you?

I congradulate you on your decision, MSB, but whats the next step?

BTW - so glad to hear you are doing alright and have made a full recovery - thats fantastic! ;-D
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SeaWolf » Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:39 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:you gotta have some form of income, right - you cant just retire at 35 can you?

I congradulate you on your decision, MSB, but whats the next step?

BTW - so glad to hear you are doing alright and have made a full recovery - thats fantastic! ;-D

That's what the wife is for. ;-D
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:42 am

Wow that's a bold step, and if you are able to do it congrats! That is fantastic.

I love being a stay at home dad man. Nothing better in the world ;-D
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Jun 07, 2005 10:29 am

Is this Linda Cohen?
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kashikis » Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:20 am

Congrats seabass on your decision. Good luck with the kiddos ;-D
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby ravage » Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:25 am

Welcome to the family seabass.

I like being home with the kids too. I have a 9 and a 3 year old. The nine year old is doing much better in school because I get to spend time every day with her and homework. She has a slight learning disability and needed the extra attention.

You'll be surprised how much of that stuff you've been putting off gets done around the house too.

When you get bored you can always try to do something like I did. I live in a small midwestern town and wrote for the local (once a week) paper as a sports writer. I did baseball for the local high school team. It was fun and I could take the kids to the ball games if their mom was working.

Good luck. Congrats. Remember you need some me time too.
ravage
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Arlo » Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:41 am

A bold decision indeed! Very glad everything's healed, too! ;-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mutantseabass » Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:57 am

Money isnt an issue for me. My Father had quite a few rental properties, when he passed away he willed me three rental properties. My wife has a very good job, and also owns a small business selling jewelry. I also for a long time now have been building ponds and aquascapes for people on the side and will continue to do so. The only thing that kept me at my old job was basically greed, the love of money. My goal in life was always to be rich, it took the accident to realize that i was rich already in a more important way. Im much happier now and so are my kids. We spend alot of time in the pool and just got back from my cottage where we spent most of the time fishing. Taught my oldest son how to bait and cast his own line this year! He reeled in a 42 inch northern pike last saturday, that was such a thrill for him and right then and there i knew that i had made the right decision by the smile on his face. As far as more time here at the Cafe, sure that would be great, but i am busier now then when i was employed!

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk