Official - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Official

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:44 pm

mutantseabass wrote:
Flockers wrote:I've been gone for a few months, how did you get hurt MSB?

I was hit by a drunk driver. Messed me up pretty good for a while. All is good now ;-D

damn, I missed that one,,,,glad all is well ;-D good luck Mr. Mom
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:39 pm

Canadian Seahawk wrote:damn, I missed that one,,,,glad all is well ;-D good luck Mr. Mom

Give me the Woobie, Kenny...give me the Woobie. :-b ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby PackerAttack84 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:19 pm

I think that's really cool MSB, everybody always thought men did all the work, and the women stayed home. I think it's cool that more people are breaking the steriotype. I think that's a good motto of money isn't everything, cause it's not. Yeah I would love to be rich when I grow up, but I would much rather live a great life making mediocre money. Money doesn't buy happiness, it brings greed. Like if you've ever watched the old show Greed, they are so freaking greedy, once I got a safe $40,000 I would quit, but they wan't $200,000 for themselves. With the whole Mr. Mom thing going around, I don't know if any of you have heard it, but Lonestar has a song called "Mr. Mom" it's actually a pretty good song.

Here is my greed story, we have a cabin up in northern Wisconsin. It is shared between my grandma and her brother because it was my great-grandparents cabin. So my grandma's brother is getting older, is losing his mind. So what happened is he signed it over to his son, a greedy lawyer. A couple years ago it was asessed at like $65,000. So the greedy lawyer wanted to sell it so that he could cash in on the cabin. Recently he paid like $500 for someone to asess it, it was asessed at like $140,000 and climbing. So this put my grandparents in an uncomforatbly posistion. Because, it was pretty much their cabin, all the otherside of the family did was pay half of the taxes. My grandparents were the ones to pay for the boat's new motor, a new shed, everything, they are the ones that spend their money on it, and the otherside of the family is trying to rip it from us, luckly my uncle decided to take out a fat loan to save our cabin, he had to $70,000 to buy the otherside of the family out. So what they did was then in return for my grandparents share of the cabin when they died, he gave up his part of their house. Obviously this was a little lob-sided, but when you don't worry about money those are things that don't matter. Like my dad said,"It's saving the cabin, and I've never expected to get a dime after grandma and grandpa pass away." Also lucky for us, my grandparents are in great health, my grandpa is 81 and he still works almost everyday. My grandma is about 78, she's healthier then some 30 year olds, she volunteers and nursing homes, election polling places, etc.

Money Can't Buy Happiness.

;-D
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk