3rd year WR's? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

3rd year WR's?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:57 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:Here's how I rank the top 10 "third-year" WR's for the '05 season:

Andre Johnson
Nate Burleson
Anquan Boldin
Charles Rogers
Tyrone Calico
Brandon Llyod
Kevin Curtis
Arnaz Battle
Shaun McDonald
Doug Gabriel

No Bethel Johnson?

I've come to believe that no Patriots WR will ever amount to much more than a fantasy 3rd stringer.... Bethel Johnson should have a decent year, but I don't see the upside or break-out potential that I see in these other guys....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:11 pm

Bengals, welcome to the forum.

Here's a bit of a compilation that is/was in progress.

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... =receivers
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:30 pm

I'm going to throw Deion Branch out there too. I know this is actually his 4th year but much of his 3rd year was interrupted by injury. He's primed to breakout as well this year.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby maddog60 » Tue Jun 07, 2005 11:32 pm

Azrael wrote:I'm going to throw Deion Branch out there too. I know this is actually his 4th year but much of his 3rd year was interrupted by injury. He's primed to breakout as well this year.

I thought he'd break out last year, but injury hampered that. I think he's got the skills to defy the stereotype of NE WRs, especially with Brown and Patten out of the way.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby MadScott » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:48 am

maddog60 wrote:
Azrael wrote:I'm going to throw Deion Branch out there too. I know this is actually his 4th year but much of his 3rd year was interrupted by injury. He's primed to breakout as well this year.

I thought he'd break out last year, but injury hampered that. I think he's got the skills to defy the stereotype of NE WRs, especially with Brown and Patten out of the way.
Nice pull for sure. If it wasn't for his injury early on, NE would have had two 1000 yd. WRs last season. I think he's got the potential to be a #1 fantasy WR. The great thing about him is that you can probably find him floating in the range of middle of the road #2s. You pair him with most anyone and you have a solid 1-2 punch. It's funny, but NE went from a cloudy WR situation to having 2 pretty solid fantasy options in Branch and Givens.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bradg533 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:38 am

Nate Burleson will be money this year ;-D
Bradg533
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bellybrother » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:48 am

whoa....butterwhat?
bellybrother
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:28 pm

Bradg533 wrote:Nate Burleson will be money this year ;-D

We'll see.

I dont think he is all that good, nor do I think CPepp is that accurate of a passer, but I see the running game being so poor that they will have to throw more often than in the past, so it could even out in the end.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby ROYALWITCHEESE » Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:35 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
ROYALWITCHEESE wrote:No love for Jacobs?

None.

As a Skins fan, I'd like to see him do something, but I think all the guys on my list have more potential....

Taylor Jacobs was a product of Steve Spurrier's NCAA-style offense - a style that has been proven not to work well in the NFL, or in DC.....

But D Jackson is doing well and Gaffney seems to be getting better. Surely Jacobs has a shot.

"Even if I had no legs, I would STILL get open" -Chad Ochocinco
ROYALWITCHEESE
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:01 pm

ROYALWITCHEESE wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:
ROYALWITCHEESE wrote:No love for Jacobs?

None.

As a Skins fan, I'd like to see him do something, but I think all the guys on my list have more potential....

Taylor Jacobs was a product of Steve Spurrier's NCAA-style offense - a style that has been proven not to work well in the NFL, or in DC.....

But D Jackson is doing well and Gaffney seems to be getting better. Surely Jacobs has a shot.

Taylor Jacobs is a local kid.... He played high-school ball about 1 mile from where I am sitting right now... I've been watching him play since high school.... And he was a GREAT high school player... A very good college player (because of the offense he was in), and he'll be a mediocre NFL player, but I just don't see the upside that I see in the other guys....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk