Encounters of a Ghostly Kind... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Encounters of a Ghostly Kind...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Encounters of a Ghostly Kind...

Postby Flockers » Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:50 am

Last weekend I went to my aunt’s house. They live in central Minnesota in “farming country” about 20 miles outside of St. Cloud, called Milaca. Well, I stayed at their house last weekend on my way up to Mille Lacs Lake to meet my parents at our cabin. I had to work, so I drove up their after my shift was done. I was thirty or so miles from the lake and I was dead tired. I called my aunt and asked if I could crash at her house for the night because she was only three miles away and I couldn’t make the next 27 to the lake.

She told me that she would unlock the front door and I could just come in and sleep on the living room couch. I parked next to the barn and grabbed my pillow and went in. She had left blankets out for me. So fall on the couch and am asleep almost instantly and then I hear a little girl scream at the top of her lungs upstairs…

Before I go on I should give you a little background about this house. The first time I went to that house when I was about 10, I remember it perfectly. It was an old farm house and creepy as hell. As soon as you step in that house, all the hair on your body stands up and you get the feeling that someone is watching you. Another time when I was about 13 or so, my cousins and I are playing in the big front yard and all of a sudden the hair on my neck stood up and I felt really cold (July in Minnesota is like 95 and humid as a mother), and I think the rest of my cousins felt that too because we all stopped and looked at the window in the peak of their house and I am positive that their were two little girls looking out at us. But they weren’t anyone from our family; they had cloths on that you would wear in the 1920’s or so. Creepy. Last months at my grandpa’s birthday party I was in the house helping my mom carry out the burgers and chicken for the grill when my cousin, Madison, came downstairs. She said that “the little girls that were dancing in the hallway” pinched her and wouldn’t leave her alone. But she is the only little girl in our family, the others are like 13 and older.

Sorry I had to give you some background on this house before I continue. Well, I heard the scream and I snapped awake completely freaked out. The light in the stairwell flipped on and I my aunt came downstairs carrying Chloe. I forgot her parents were in Greece, and my aunt was watching her. I asked what was wrong and Chloe said, “There were two monsters that kept scaring me.” My aunt told her she just had a bad dream, she turned the light on and rocked her and I fell back asleep.
I woke up at about 5 AM and got in the shower. The sun was just coming up, and I heard the door open, so I assumed my aunt needed something and didn’t think anything of it. (Their shower curtain isn’t transparent). So I shut the water off and I was immediately freezing cold. I thought the window may have been open. I slid open the shower curtain and was scared shitless. There were two figures outlined in the steam, for those of you that have seen Hollowman, the part where he got wet with the sprinklers… I was totally freaked out, but then they just disappeared. I got dressed and got the hell out of their within 3 minutes of that happening.

Scariest thing that has ever happened to me.

Do you guys have any ghostly encounters? Share them.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:08 am

Mother of the Lord....

I think I would have driven the extra 27 miles....

We used to have some weird things happen in my last house, and it was kind of a running joke amoungst my brothers and I that the house was haunted, but NEVER anything even close to what you're talking about....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby myintrotoletyouknow » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:08 am

damn thats crazy 8-o

7 friends of mine got a house, sort of like a frat house, for during the school year. its a huge 2 story house from like the 1940s. anyway, when i left after my first visit, we were pulling out of the driveway and i looked up at the house to size it up again and up in one of the second floor windows was a man dressed in overalls. everyone went back inside and didnt find anyone there. nothing like youre big scare flockers, but an unsettling event nonetheless.

we will sometimes leave lights on in one room in our house, go to another room, and come back and the lights are turned off. never really amounted to anything more than dark rooms, but i guess a lot of families have those little events.
Last edited by myintrotoletyouknow on Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
myintrotoletyouknow
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Plindsey88 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:09 am

I also have to add that creepy little kids scare the hell out of me... If I was in your shoes, I would've been out of the shower and out the door without even taking the time to get dressed.....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby awwchrist » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:17 am

Has your aunt ever acknowledged the weirdness?

I myself have never had that opportunity...but I'd love to, just so that I can have that knowledge..

Then I'd be satisfied with never going through it again.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:19 am

Yeah i believe in ghosts. A few years ago i was sent to service a furnace in a house that was built in the 1800s and was updated to a gas forced air unit. House was huge and very nice. Me and my helper were pointed the way to the basement and went down to check the unit. Now this is the middle of August and it was about 90 out. We head down and find the unit, lighting sucked to i asked my partner to go and grab our flood lights from the truck. Im taking the unit apart and hear footsteps coming towards me, i thought nothing of it figuring it was my helper. I turned to grab the lights from him and no one was there. Still didnt think much of this. He came back down and handed me the lights, plugged it in and blew a breaker. So i went to find the breaker box. Walked into a small room in the back of the basement, opened the door and walked in, hair on my arms and back of my neck stood up. Walked to the back of the room and as i walked back the room became colder and colder, remember this is August and there is no air conditioning on. I flipped the breaker and ran back to the unit. I continued to take the unit apart and was telling my helper about the cold in the room. Then both of my halogen flood lights bulbs flickered and burnt out. Now im getting creeped out, told my partner to go and check the breaker box. He experienced the same cold as i did. Breaker was fine so we both went out and grabbed some extra bulbs to replace the bad ones. Came back down into the basement to find my tools scattered across the floor and light was moved. We replaced the lights and gathered the tools back up. I fixed the condensor pump and flipped the unit on. Got all my shit together and we went upstairs to collect payment for the service. I couldnt resist and told the homeowner about the experience and he stated alot of people that come to the house have stated the same thing and usually pack their things and leave. Thanked us for staying and gave us a 100 dollar tip. I remember that like it was yesterday and it was probably 6 or 7 years ago now.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flockers » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:29 am

awwchrist wrote:Has your aunt ever acknowledged the weirdness?

I myself have never had that opportunity...but I'd love to, just so that I can have that knowledge..

Then I'd be satisfied with never going through it again.

Yeah, but she says they have never bothered her. She's trying to find out about the past families that have lived their before her.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby deftdelivery » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:51 am

Man that's freaky dude. I don't know why, but I get really freaked out sometimes in my own house for no reason...I just get that feeling that...

Somebody's watchin' me!

[/rockwell and jackson]

But seriously, I don't know what it is. Some nights I'll just be freaked out of my mind with this deep sense of something being there in the room with me. I really don't think I'd ever be able to live somewhere rural or isolated from suburbia....call me a coward, but it would just freak me out too much.
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kashikis » Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:04 pm

Wow good stories. I have had several odd occurances although not as striking as Flockers'.

I walked into a room with people using a ouija (sp?) board and they told me to come over and as soon as i did the little thing shot off the board. Scared the hell out of me. I'm not real up on that stuff so I have no idea what it means, but didn't appear to be good. I think I pissed something off.

Anyway Zombiez is pretty big into paranormal stuff, he'd be a great one to talk to. I should PM him.
No really, I'm not having a bad day.

What the hell.... is goin' on.... in the NFL?!
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:45 pm

Weird junk, man...I think I'll stick to watching Ghostbusters.

"Egon, your mucus."

Best line ever! :-b ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk