Encounters of a Ghostly Kind... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Encounters of a Ghostly Kind...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:46 pm

I believe in spirits to a degree. There's a pretty infamous story about ghosts living in a toys r us nearby where I live. Here a link to the story.

http://www.ghostresearch.org/ghostpics/toys_r_us.html
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Gunslinger » Wed Jun 08, 2005 1:18 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:Mother of the Lord....

I think I would have driven the extra 27 miles....

LOL. :-D

That's some pretty wicked stuff. I'm not sure what I believe, actually, but I must believe enough to have stories like that creep me out.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby J2thez929 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 2:56 pm

Wow, thats from pretty freaky stuff Flockers. I would have been scared shitless but at the same time I would love to talk to those little girls and everything. I would be great to find out why they are still at the house. Are they visiting from heaven? Have they seen it? etc etc...

Well for my story, the house I am currently living at is haunted to a degree. At first I would hear strange noises and flickers of light coming from the other side of the basement but nothing major like appartions or anything(my room is in the finished basement) But, the biggest thing that happened to me personally was... I awoke in the middle of the night, about a couple months ago, to find that basement sink faucet was running. I got out of bed, walked over to the sink and as about to shut it off when I saw the handle turn and the faucet shut off by itself!!! Now that scared the shit out of me! I ran upstairs like a little girl and slept on the couch the rest of the night. I didn't get much sleep as you could have guess..lol.. After that insident though, I did some research and found out that the previous owners had lived there for the entire life so I assume they might have died in the house or whatnot. So, in turn, that was kind of comforting b/c I know its just the old people in the house sometimes. Since that insident, nothing has happened out of the ordinary but I just wanted to share that story b/c it happened to me first-hand.
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:17 pm

Scary stuff there 8-o Closest thing I've ever had to a "ghostly encounter" was when I woke up, about six years ago, after watching Star Wars episode 6, and I saw an outline of a person that resembled Boba Fett :-]
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Jun 08, 2005 4:39 pm

Me and some friends have gone ghost-hunting a few times at Gettysburg battlefield and have witnessed/heard some pretty spooky stuff.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Flockers » Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:08 pm

Well, after posting this, I called up my aunt and she told me what she found out about the house. Apparently in the 1940’s there was a German immigrant family that lived there. There was a wife, husband, two daughters, and a dog. Well, the family needed help to run the farm because the husband and the wife couldn’t do it themselves, so they hired a farmhand, who was Native American. The area wasn’t a very friendly place if you weren’t white in those times (it isn’t really ethnically accepting now, I’ve seen first hand). After a few years, the family started to leave their young daughters at home alone when they went into town for groceries or supplies. The farmhand apparently had been sexually molesting both of the young girls for some time now. I think he thought they were going to tell the parent’s and he killed both of the girls with a hammer and hid their bodies in the cellar. There was a two day search for the girls and they found the bodies when the dog came upstairs with one littlest ones blood soaked doll. They later found the hammer and the farmhand’s blood stained clothes in the field. I don’t know what happened to the guy after that.

That is just a summary of what happened. We had a conversation that lasted a few hours about it this afternoon, so I thought I’d pass it on to you guys.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Gunslinger » Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:54 pm

I would write that down and start on a screen play. That's some spooky stuff.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby J2thez929 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:02 pm

Gunslinger wrote:I would write that down and start on a screen play. That's some spooky stuff.

Definately of the Amityville kind!

That explains why the little girls still haunt the place. He died in a non-peaceful way. That usually leads to hauntings and whatnot.

BTW, this is a prime example of why I like to stay away from houses built a long time ago :-o
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:34 pm

That's horrible. I feel bad for them :,-( Scary stuff indeed :-o
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby 34=Sweetness » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:42 pm

While I have a slight problem believing you because of your past, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Definitely freaky stuff here.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk