More on Ahman Green? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

More on Ahman Green?

Moderator: Football Moderators

More on Ahman Green?

Postby Slingblade » Tue Sep 24, 2002 8:11 pm

I have green he is questionable for sundays game vs caralina
should i get davenport or portis both are FAs
Last edited by Slingblade on Tue Sep 24, 2002 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Tue Sep 24, 2002 8:13 pm

davenport is the better start this week IMO but portis has more long term value. anyway u could make room on ur roster for both?
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby JayM09 » Tue Sep 24, 2002 8:15 pm

agreed with terpfan
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Slingblade » Tue Sep 24, 2002 8:16 pm

then id have 5 RBs i have green, taylor, barlow should i drop barlow for one becouse there on waivers, witch one would do better for week 4, is it possible they would start mealy and i then get srewed the other way around, since i got mealy for week 3.
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby JayM09 » Tue Sep 24, 2002 8:19 pm

in that case i would go with portis
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Tue Sep 24, 2002 8:25 pm

sounds good to me. the difference in production between these two former hurricanes is gonna be hard to predict, so go with the one who may be able to help u come playoff time.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Sep 24, 2002 8:25 pm

OK one more time.Don't be to quick to bench Green just yet,a very renowned sports newspaper/website has said:"Green is expected to practice Wednesday and be ready for the Sunday’s game against the Panthers, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. He was held out of Sunday’s game against the Lions with a pulled thigh muscle.He probably could have played last Sunday, so he should be good to go this week."Keep an eye on this,if your worried,grab Davenport.He could fill in later in the season for you.Besides,Portis got the call 'cause of an injury to Olandis Gary.He may have won the job for now,but he's a fumble away from some benchtime.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SiouxCitySavages » Wed Sep 25, 2002 2:58 am

Well, pick up Portis. With inury to Gary, Portis is poised for the start. He showed his worth this weekend. Secondly, Davenport has already seen his better NFL days.
Portis is a great pick up if someone else hasnt already gottem. He may even work into your starting lineup. He is that good.
If Green works out for you, great. But, if he dont then you'd have Portis to fall back on and that aint so bad.
SiouxCitySavages
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Sep 25, 2002 3:07 am

SiouxCitySavages wrote: Secondly, Davenport has already seen his better NFL days.

Too bad this rookies career has ended so abruptly...what the hell are you talkin' about???
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SiouxCitySavages » Wed Sep 25, 2002 3:24 am

Davenport, is who I was talking about Gutpuppy. I am saying that Davenport will not be a steady RB for the Packers. He did have a decent game on Sunday, but he will not be the man they go to if Green is sidelined for any amount of time. I wouldnt gamble on Davenport.
SiouxCitySavages
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk