More on Ahman Green? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

More on Ahman Green?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Sep 25, 2002 3:31 am

A favorite sportspage of mine has this to say,I use it in defense of my earlier posts.

Portis-"Portis had been used primarily as a third-down back in the first two games, but, with Olandis Gary having left the game early because of a sprained ankle, Portis gained 103 yards against Buffalo. He also scored his first career touchdown...He's heeeeere. Keep an eye on Gary's situation. As good as we think Portis is, the rookie wouldn't have gotten so many carries (18) had Gary not left the game. If Gary is going to miss next week at Baltimore, Portis is a solid start. If Gary is back on the field, and even starting, Portis is a risky start."

Davenport-"The Miami Hurricanes have a way of mass-producing fine NFL running backs, but here's one who flew under radar -- until this week. Davenport, who bowled over the Lions for 115 total yards, was filling in for the injured Ahman Green, but don't be surprised if he earned himself a significant long-term role. The Packers wouldn't mind lightening Green's load, and Davenport can run, catch and -- most important in terms of a young running back's playing time -- block."

I've got a good feeling that Green will start,but Davenport would be a nice replacement should Ahman's injury not heal properly.And if your worried Mealey still figures in should Green go down again.

Mealey-"Even with Ahman Green out, Mealey was not the feature back after all. The Packers bypassed him to give a majority of the carries to rookie Najeh Davenport.The normally durable Ahman Green doesn't play, and Mealey misses out because of a rookie? He's obviously not high on coach Mike Sherman's list right now, and he should be off yours."
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SiouxCitySavages » Wed Sep 25, 2002 3:46 am

Rookies, Rookies, Rookies.....Rookies
SiouxCitySavages
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Sep 25, 2002 3:54 am

SiouxCitySavages wrote:I am saying that Davenport will not be a steady RB for the Packers. He did have a decent game on Sunday, but he will not be the man they go to if Green is sidelined for any amount of time.

Who will replace Green if injured?Ok so it's not Mealey,we figured that out last week.Sioux says it's not Davenport,although he did fill in last week.That leaves William Henderson,Tony Fisher,or Maurice Smith(oops they waived Moe on Tues.).I think we've seen the man who will do the job should Ahman go down again.His name is Najeh.
Last edited by Guttpuppy on Wed Sep 25, 2002 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SiouxCitySavages » Wed Sep 25, 2002 3:59 am

Well, some of us are not as educated as others when it comes to the NFL. You go ahead and gamble on Davenport, he is a good 2 years from becoming a factor back. Not this year.
SiouxCitySavages
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Sep 25, 2002 4:05 am

You are an educated football mind,I know this first hand as you's my homeslice...all I'm sayin' is if ya got Green & are worried about him,as I am in my 1 league,Davenport is next in line & could help if the need arises,I hope it doesn't.Rock on ya Dirty Indian,as we have always agreed to disagree...hehehe.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SiouxCitySavages » Wed Sep 25, 2002 4:08 am

HAHAHAHAAH GutPuppy.....thought i'd make the fur on your back stand up, hehehhe.......You know how I feel about rookies....I dont like Davenport for what he did to my Cornhuskers @#%@%#@
SiouxCitySavages
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 25, 2002 4:27 am

Thought I'd get that hair to stand up on your back Gutpuppy,hehheh....I dont like Davenport because he ran all over my Huskers last year..heheh

Friendliness: %

Previous

Return to Football Talk