*COMPLETE* 2005 June Cafe Player Rankings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

*COMPLETE* 2005 June Cafe Player Rankings

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Keyser_WV » Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:48 am

Johnson's upside is so huge that it is worth having him over a back who will put up mediocre numbers like a Lee Suggs or a Michael Bennett (although if a Minne back gets the job in its entirety then he's worth a top 15 pick).

I couldn't disagree more.

Why in the world would you take a guy that will sit on the bench over a guy who will start and receive the majority of the touches?

Upside/Backup = 0 Fantasy Points

Starting RB = At least something. Even the worst RB in the league can score more points than a backup who will get maybe 5 touches a game.

I would take the 32nd ranked starting RB over a backup any day of the week.

Thats my 2 cents anyway
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:54 am

Keyser_WV wrote:
Johnson's upside is so huge that it is worth having him over a back who will put up mediocre numbers like a Lee Suggs or a Michael Bennett (although if a Minne back gets the job in its entirety then he's worth a top 15 pick).

I couldn't disagree more.

Why in the world would you take a guy that will sit on the bench over a guy who will start and receive the majority of the touches?

Upside/Backup = 0 Fantasy Points

Starting RB = At least something. Even the worst RB in the league can score more points than a backup who will get maybe 5 touches a game.

I would take the 32nd ranked starting RB over a backup any day of the week.

Thats my 2 cents anyway

suggs was just named the starter yesterday. bennett is in a RBBC as far as im concerned. you are making it sound like these guys were feature backs when the rankings were made.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby GMoney » Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:59 am

fact is the players drafting these guys will be in DIFFERENT positions.

The guy who took a QB and WR early will be taking the Bennets and Suggs for their 2nd/3rd back...

the guy who went RB RB WR will be taking Johnson as a BACKUP for their own squad with the possibility of scoring huge points. Thus they all probably have equal value, just different drafting strategies will lead to the selection of different backs at this spot.
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby blitz » Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:01 am

to all who worked on the rankings: thank you [wheather u agree with them or not ]. good as any mag.
blitz
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:24 am

blitz wrote:to all who worked on the rankings: thank you [wheather u agree with them or not ]. good as any mag.

Lol...Depending on the mag, that may not exactly be a compliment! :-)

Just kidding..I think all in all these came out pretty good.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Keyser_WV » Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:42 am

suggs was just named the starter yesterday. bennett is in a RBBC as far as im concerned. you are making it sound like these guys were feature backs when the rankings were made

Man Deluxe, you sound a little fired up there.

Maybe I am Nostradamus but I pretty much knew Suggs would be the man in CLE. He can be a top back IMO. Definately injury risk though.

I love the rankings. They are the best I have seen yet. I have bookmarked them for use later.

BUT

Even if Suggs and Bennett are both in a RBBC they will score more points than LJ.

Even if you already have your #1 and #2 RB in place I just don't see the value in LJ over Bennett or Suggs even if they are in RBBC.

Keeper league maybe, redraft no way,

Just my opinion
Keyser_WV
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby 34=Sweetness » Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:58 am

Nice list. I'm sure I'll be using it. Bookmarked. ;-D
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby MadScott » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:24 am

blitz wrote:to all who worked on the rankings: thank you [wheather u agree with them or not ]. good as any mag.
I hope you are talking about Playboy or the like! :-b
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby hastur » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:21 am

I just printed out these rankings and will now put them in my safety deposit box until mid august.

Great job! I love how you did this! ;-D ;-D ;-D
Go Cowboys!
hastur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:33 am

Keyser_WV wrote:
suggs was just named the starter yesterday. bennett is in a RBBC as far as im concerned. you are making it sound like these guys were feature backs when the rankings were made

Man Deluxe, you sound a little fired up there.

Maybe I am Nostradamus but I pretty much knew Suggs would be the man in CLE. He can be a top back IMO. Definately injury risk though.

I love the rankings. They are the best I have seen yet. I have bookmarked them for use later.

BUT

Even if Suggs and Bennett are both in a RBBC they will score more points than LJ.

Even if you already have your #1 and #2 RB in place I just don't see the value in LJ over Bennett or Suggs even if they are in RBBC.

Keeper league maybe, redraft no way,

Just my opinion

Bennett - injury risk.... One injury and he's done.... He's proved it the past couple years....

Suggs - injury risk..... Misses time frequently.....

Johnson - plays behind an injury risk.... One injury and he becomes a top 10 back....

So let's look at upside, here....

Bennett and Suggs, while starters, will likely share carries.... Both of them have goal line backs playing behind them.... Put them down for 80 yards per game.... And 0 TD's in most contests.... That's not a guy that will EVER crack my starting line-up....

Larry Johnson, although not a starter, plays behind a back who IS an injury risk, and IS aging.... If given the start, he carries behind one of the best run-blocking lines in the past decade... He will not crack my starting line-up, either, unless Holmes gets injured, in which case he very likely becomes my #1 or #2 back.... That's upside....

Why would I draft a guy who has almost no prayer of ever cracking my starting line-up as a starter over a guy who could very well end up being the best back on my team if the injury-prone back ahead of him gets injured, again?

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk